• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some people you can never win over...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people you can never win over...

So first week into new gig (Yay! Boom!) all okay, going direct, the client came to me behind pimp's back, they were not happy. Schweeet!

However client has 30 day invoice terms so for all those desperate to go direct it isn't always rosey.

However there's one guy here who absolutely hates contractors, he is well known for it. Thankfully he is not in dept I work in but he rarely speaks to them or works with them. Don't know the reasons behind the hatred but I guess just as you can't educate all racist or homophobic people, you can't get people to like or simply understand what we do.

Most odd.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 2 July 2014, 16:01.
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Congrats
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

WapS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        WapS

Treat the difficult permie to a few drinks down the local champagne bar to win him over with your largesse.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          So first week into new gig (Yay! Boom!) all okay, going direct, the client came to me behind pimp's back, they were not happy. Schweeet!

However client has 30 day invoice terms so for all those desperate to go direct it isn't always rosey.

However there's one guy here who absolutely hates contractors, he is well known for it. Thankfully he is not in dept I work in but he rarely speaks to them or works with them. Don't know the reasons behind the hatred but I guess just as you can't educate all racist or homophobic people, you can't get people to like or simply understand what we do.

Most odd.

qh
          Brillo serviced his wife?

congrats
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Don't know the reasons behind the hatred but I guess just as you can't educate all racist or homophobic people, you can't get people to like or simply understand what we do.
              I think comparing disgruntled employees to racist and homophobic people is a tad unfair LOL. I worked with a guy that also hated contractors to the extent he went out of his way to make life difficult. Had a straight talk with him and his problem was the last contractor gave him bad feedback which factored in to his yearly appraisal which directly affected him not getting any more money. Terrible situation so not surprised he was peeved. Very unfair basing appraisals on contractor feedback. Anyway, thrashed it out with him and he was a little better. There is always a reason.

Grats on the direct gig though. Nice win.

Have a contractor hating banana....

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just make sure no one messes with your banana....

Comment

Working...
                X