Jim Mellon - Pro Brexit Jim Mellon - Pro Brexit - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posts 41 to 50 of 110
  1. #41

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Greece, 10 Years Into Economic Crisis, Counts the Cost to Mental Health - The New York Times

    Stop being a dick and understand even if you are pro-EU, it handled Greece as badly as possible. Anyway, anything I say won't matter to you, blinkered.
    Greece created its own problems, blaming the EU is ridiculous. Germany basically lent them billions of Euros and obviously attached conditions. This obviously worked as Greece is now recovering.

    What is your opinion, that they should have blown the loan on pensions for early retirement ?

    The trouble with Eurosceptics is their belief in a magic money tree.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 17th June 2019 at 11:22.
    I'm alright Jack

  2. #42

  3. #43

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,711

    Default

    aha so you moved the argument. That's interesting. Well one thing we can say is the Eurozone has less debt than the US.

    The Eurozone has 81% debt to GDP, the US has 108%. Not only that, the US is running up the debt even faster.

    We're back to the "rightwing" magic money tree.
    I'm alright Jack

  4. #44

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    21,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  5. #45

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    No need. Jim Mellon's Eurozone meltdown has already occurred and the news is being suppressed by the globalist MSM.
    Here's another one from 2015:

    The End of Europe – Capital & Conflict


    Inflation is a spectre that hasn’t haunted Europe for a very long time. But there are signs it’s back when policymakers are least expecting it. With a cruel new twist.

    if the ECB continues its loose monetary policy, inflation will get even further out of hand in the strong economies.
    oh why are we waiting

    I like this one

    My view is that Italy is more likely to leave the euro within the next year or two
    I'm alright Jack

  6. #46

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    21,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Here's another one from 2015:

    The End of Europe – Capital & Conflict




    oh why are we waiting

    I like this one
    He's part of the Arron Banks / Russia web so best taken with a pinch of salt. Revealed: How Arron Banks’s campaign ‘ambassador’ made his millions in Russia | openDemocracy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  7. #47

    Super poster

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Greece created its own problems, blaming the EU is ridiculous. Germany basically lent them billions of Euros and obviously attached conditions. This obviously worked as Greece is now recovering.

    What is your opinion, that they should have blown the loan on pensions for early retirement ?

    The trouble with Eurosceptics is their belief in a magic money tree.
    Gone through this a load of times, go and read about it. Greece had/has huge issues. So think about that...who in their right mind would lend them billions of euros when they had no way of ever paying any of it back. Those people very nearly collapsed our whole financial system. But yep is easier to say Greece at fault, they deserve everything they get.

    The EU/IMF had practical, logical plans for restructuring and debt repayment presented to them, they ignored these plans because of political pressures.

    Just read about it.

  8. #48

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Gone through this a load of times, go and read about it. Greece had/has huge issues. So think about that...who in their right mind would lend them billions of euros when they had no way of ever paying any of it back. Those people very nearly collapsed our whole financial system. But yep is easier to say Greece at fault, they deserve everything they get.

    The EU/IMF had practical, logical plans for restructuring and debt repayment presented to them, they ignored these plans because of political pressures.

    Just read about it.
    OK

    Successful recovery in Greece

    For Greece, a similar collective sigh of relief can be expected on Thursday when the finance ministers of the Eurogroup sign off in Luxembourg on its departure in August from its third “adjustment” programme, a three-year bailout that cost some €86 billion but which, ministers will say, has definitively put the country on a sustainable path to recovery.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 17th June 2019 at 15:43.
    I'm alright Jack

  9. #49

    Super poster

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    can't argue with stupid. Well done.

  10. #50

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    can't argue with stupid. Well done.
    indeed, although this time the argument seems to have been successfully concluded.

    I'm alright Jack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •