• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why you will want to vote Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I know I was agreeing with you.
    Ha ha, excellent.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I know you're a Gen Yer so think the world revolves around you, but I was responding to vetran (sic) the permie.
      Vetran's earned his stripes.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        I don't have a problem with this, they are legal migrants, on work visas, highly skilled, and hopefully paying UK taxes. Happy to have controlled immigration of this nature.
        Thats pretty short sighted. First off the reason you can't afford a house is that these arrangements have been used as an economic weapon against you to ensure that your rates are kept as low as possible. Secondly they are not here as skilled workers that pay taxes. The standard arrangement for these guys is that they pay NO tax as the companies in question pay a minimum wage that exempts them from TAX in this country and at home and then provides a Tax Free daily allowance to them just like the allowances that have been removed from contractors that use Umbrella companies...

You need to gain some worldly understanding about the politics because the baby boomers are most definitely screwing you but at the moment you don't even know how they are pulling it off...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Thats pretty short sighted. First off the reason you can't afford a house is that these arrangements have been used as an economic weapon against you to ensure that your rates are kept as low as possible. Secondly they are not here as skilled workers that pay taxes. The standard arrangement for these guys is that they pay NO tax as the companies in question pay a minimum wage that exempts them from TAX in this country and at home and then provides a Tax Free daily allowance to them just like the allowances that have been removed from contractors that use Umbrella companies...

You need to gain some worldly understanding about the politics because the baby boomers are most definitely screwing you but at the moment you don't even know how they are pulling it off...

Two wrongs don't make a right.

We are talking about Brexit, once that is sorted we can sort out ICTs. If you notice its sorting itself out as many companies are bringing outsourced stuff back in due to the bad experience they had.

Currently the bottom end labour is being undercut by cheap eastern european workers.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If I was Germany I would be running the passport printing press 24/7.

Once EU citizens they can all come to the UK!
            It takes 8 years to be eligible for a German passport and they need to speak fluent German, so they won't exactly be piling in in June.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 April 2016, 08:48.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Isn't it funny how the remains justify migration that is designed to be uncontrolled by pointing at a controlled migration system that is being abused.

Its like saying oh look someone took an extra tomato from the salad cart I'm going to invade Belgium.
              I'm voting to leave mate....
              I know I was agreeing with you.
              Ha ha, excellent.
              I am a genuine contractor unlike you, however.
              How so?
              I know you're a Gen Yer so think the world revolves around you, but I was responding to vetran (sic) the permie.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

We are talking about Brexit, once that is sorted we can sort out ICTs..

That made me laugh. Who's the "we" who can sort out out ICTs?
                You're almost as naive as PG.
                ICTs are brought in by the big corporations, they are driven by the size of markets, a lot of them are only in the UK because it's a part of Europe and its easier to hire and fire here than on the continent.
                Once Brexit occurs, the calculation will be made, what's the size of the market here?
                It's miniscule, if there aren't more middle class people in India, say, with the spending power of the UK, there soon will be.
                If you are a CEO, what's your motivation for setting up in a Brexit UK?
                So you're right, there probably won't be any ICTs, because this won't be the base of many corporations

Of course there are centres of excellence in the UK, based around the universities, that will always attract companies for the talent, but this isn't going to help the lower paid and less skilled - there is just no incentive for large corporations to be based here after Brexit, unless we compete on low wages.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Poll putting Brexit camp ahead knocks back sterling | Reuters

Sterling handed back early morning gains on Tuesday after an opinion poll showed the "Out" campaign three points in front before June's referendum on whether Britain should remain in the European Union.

The ICM poll was the latest to show the "Out" camp ahead or tied.
                  People are waking up to the reality of being Germany's island monkey biatch, and want a self governing country for the first time in a generation.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Poll putting Brexit camp ahead knocks back sterling | Reuters

People are waking up to the reality of being Germany's island monkey biatch, and want a self governing country for the first time in a generation.

No one's polled me.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      No one's polled me.
                      oh dear, must resist smutty remark.....
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X