• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Fair point. The majority appears to be less than 20% so a recount at the very least.
    I don't recall a manifesto. Does "No" mean "No"? As I say, it's best we call in Clegg and Soubry to arbitrate on what they really wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      Well, now Renzi is resigning it will be interesting to see if the next Italian Government holds a referendum on EU membership.
      There might be a referendum on the Euro but not EU membership.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        There might be a referendum on the Euro but not EU membership.

And what do you think will happen once the Italians pull out of the EUR? That all the EU will stay in their jobs, business as usual. more laws, more regulations?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          And what do you think will happen once the Italians pull out of the EUR? That all the EU will stay in their jobs, business as usual. more laws, more regulations?
          So the Italians are all going to vote to have their savings wiped out.

I don't think that's very likely

A lot of voters like the fact that the Senate and the lower house block each other, it wasn't a vote to leave the Euro.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

A lot of voters like the fact that the Senate and the lower house block each other, it wasn't a vote to leave the Euro.
            well according to you & SAS the UKippers did...
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              I don't recall a manifesto. Does "No" mean "No"? As I say, it's best we call in Clegg and Soubry to arbitrate on what they really wanted.
              Did you catch the Andrew Neill interview with Clegg at the weekend? "Just drop the democrat bit..." Cleggy death stare..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYexZLs7pwU

that shows like a firing squad for Remainers

Comment

Looks like the Swiss have quietly quashed their anti-EU referendum result.

Swiss upper house backs immigration bill avoiding EU quotas | Reuters

The general rule seems to be kick it into the long grass, wait two years and then quietly overturn it while no-one is looking.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                  Did you catch the Andrew Neill interview with Clegg at the weekend? "Just drop the democrat bit..." Cleggy death stare..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYexZLs7pwU

that shows like a firing squad for Remainers
                  Yeah, total car crash.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Yeah, total car crash.
                    "The 17.4 million ballots in favour of leaving the European Union constituted the biggest vote for anything in British history. No political party has ever received so many votes. Britain has chosen to leave the EU, and not a moment too soon, given the growing turmoil across the union.
                    Some on the losing side have not yet accepted the fact of Brexit. Some Remainers hope to dilute and even halt Brexit. The Liberal Democrat win in the Richmond Park by-election has emboldened refusenik Remainers in Parliament, who are waiting to have their say on how and when Theresa May can formally begin the process of exit."

Whatever the Supreme Court decide, the case for Brexit is strong. Theresa May should make it stronger still – Daily Telegraph 5th December 2016

Comment

You do know a lot of Italians had their savings wiped out with their banking crisis. One of the reasons they voted as they did.

Comment

Working...
                      X