• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no good being polite to someone who's trying to attack you
    I agree. Tolerance should be reserved fro those who are prepared to tolerate us.

PS I like The Metro too although, when it does serious news items, it is a bit lefty. However, due to its silliness I forgive it. Eg:

Pupils put semen in cookery project and gave it to teacher to taste in Omaha | Metro News
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

And go boil your head, preferably both.
      Well you know what they say. Intolerance is the first sign of old age.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        Those who are lucky enough to have parents who have taught them good manners have also been taught by them to call a spade a spade, where appropriate, and to not let restraints on conversation prevent them from defending themselves and their culture. There's no good being polite to someone who's trying to attack you.
        What are you wittering about? Who was attacking whose culture?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Since he is black, should we expect anything other than invention of "facts", prevarication, misrepresentation and downright falsehood?

let us pretend that the word was changed. You are defining someone by what group they come from are you not? So do this mean we can go ahead and begin stereotyping people for what they do where they are from what religion they are, what the colour of their skin is?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            So do this mean we can go ahead and begin stereotyping people for what they do where they are from what religion they are, what the colour of their skin is?
            Only if you are a mod that harbours the notion that his opinion ought to carry more weight, based on nothing other than the fact that one has been deemed nerdy enough to be granted mod privileges.

HTH
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Only if you are a mod that harbours the notion that his opinion ought to carry more weight, based on nothing other than the fact that one has been deemed nerdy enough to be granted mod privileges.

HTH

he may be feeling a little boxed in right now. he will have to permanently ban me
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                let us pretend that the word was changed. You are defining someone by what group they come from are you not? So do this mean we can go ahead and begin stereotyping people for what they do where they are from what religion they are, what the colour of their skin is?
                Is that the best you can do? That makes me sad.™
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

He/she/it will probably be off to shout at some trees and small furry animals later.
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Originally posted by zeitghost

He/she/it will probably be off to shoot at some trees and small furry animals later.
                    FTFY
                    FTFTFY
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-lords-report

Britain is naive to expect a “free lunch” in trade negotiations with the EU, according to a scathing House of Lords report that calls for a transition phase to ease the pain.
                      Boris naive !

In the medium to long term the UK may have to continue to update its domestic law to be consistent with EU law.
                      So sovereignty means British government sitting by the fax machine waiting for all EU laws to be published, translate into English, vote it through and stamp with it the Queens's head.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 December 2016, 09:45.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X