• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear EU,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to shillings sounds fun. Another chance to change all the coins.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      You see, you have once again misunderstood reality. The UK does not have to remain in the EU for another two years. It could leave immediately at any point by a single act of parliament, but it has chosen to avail itself of the Article 50 mechanism for negotiations over a two year period.

Do you understand a bit better now?
      I think most people thought we had to use the mechanism that is A50. You are quite right. We have gone this route, I hope, in the spirit of making the best of a surprise result that not many politicians or "the establishment" thought would come to pass.

It's always best to sit back and reflect rather than jumping in (or out in this case) with both feet. There were some very unhappy faces yesterday from what I saw on the "fake news". Or was it the real news? Hard to tell these days...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Interesting point.... when did we get a chance to vote for whether we would need to vote for an MEP?
        Erm. Every time it came up? But originally, I have no idea. I may or may not have been interested enough in the EEC at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          At the time it may have seemed like a good idea

but then 1979 was actually 36 years ago.

and to put that into context 36 years prior to 1979 was 1943 and all that that entailed.

The point I guess is that was what correct 36 years ago may no longer be valid in todays world.
          Now I'm depressed. This year I will have been married to the same woman for 37 years....

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Only cretins beat a simplistic analogy to within an inch of its life.

HTH, BIKIW
            How much more useful it would have been to respond with a reasoned argument rather than a rather rubbish insult.
            Ah well. I suppose every forum has it's Sun readers.

See what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
              No point coming up with an analogy if you don't like the potential retort. Comparing the EU with a consumer service is daft. If I phone up the AA, Sky, EE or whoever to cancel, chances are they'll offer me something amazing to stay.

The EU, with very little to offer, may choose to resort to punishment instead. Beating with a stick rather than dangling the carrot. The EU shouldn't need to resort to that.
              Well, I seem to recall Cameron gave them the golden opportunity to do just that. Offer a sweetener. Instead they didn't take him seriously. Hence we are here, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                How much more useful it would have been to respond with a reasoned argument rather than a rather rubbish insult.
                Experience would suggest otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                  Now I'm depressed. This year I will have been married to the same woman for 37 years....
                  But on the plus side, she's still deliriously in love.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

By the time you read this Article 50, we're through.

That worked out well....

Comment

Working...
                    X