• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Brexit doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    The group reported its largest ever loss and one of the biggest in UK corporate history earlier this year, slumping into the red with a pre-tax loss of £4.64 billion for 2016 after a £4.4 billion writedown caused by the collapse of the pound since the Brexit vote, as well as a £671 million penalty to settle bribery allegations.
    For Brexiters, HTH.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      For Brexiters, HTH.
      Aren't companies with such exposure supposed to hedge against such things? I'd be looking long and hard at their risk team.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Aren't companies with such exposure supposed to hedge against such things? I'd be looking long and hard at their risk team.
        Yeah I was about to comment that, all these numbers have to be taken with a pinch of salt. As Brexit is a great scapegoat for companies to blame their own failings on

Comment

Well yes, incompetence at one of Britain's last remaining large industrial concerns, doesn't bode well for Brexit.
          But looking deeper, perhaps the intellectual level of the country has fallen to such a state that poor judgement is de rigeur?
          After all everyone from top to bottom seems to be misjudging the world they live in.
          Last edited by sasguru; 29 June 2017, 11:04.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Well yes, incompetence at one of Britain's last remaining large industrial concerns, doesn't bode well for Brexit.
            Rolls-Royce excelled at bribery I'll have you know.

Comment

Just been for coffee with a mate who lost serious amounts of business from Brexit. However he stands by his decision to vote Brexit. Though he did not like the timing. He wanted to wait until Greece and Portugal went bang.

Comment

If I was them I'd be looking hard at Farage and his team...

Comment

Rolls-Royce excelled at bribery I'll have you know.
                  Nope they couldn't even do that without being found out. Nil point.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

so they didn't have any foreign currency hedging unlike any other large organisation & they broke the law then got caught. This is of course Brexit's fault.

I can see you are an intellect to respect - oh of course its AssSnob...
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      so they didn't have any foreign currency hedging unlike any other large organisation & they broke the law then got caught. This is of course Brexit's fault.

I can see you are an intellect to respect - oh of course its AssSnob...
                      Don't worry a genius like you will be just fine after Brexit
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X