Brexodus has started Brexodus has started
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 86

Super poster

Default Brexodus has started

I notice it in my direct surroundings, where many EU financed research companies are based. Mostly top level educated Germans, French,Italian and Dutch nuclear scientists are leaving because of brexit, the increased racism as a result and fear subsidies for their jobs will be culled. I'm sure the brexiteers love to go back to Victorian times and go back to the coal fuelled steam age.

Also I see in some Facebook groups, I am member of, that many EU nationals are packing their bags.
    Just read some of the comments on this article and you see why: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ship-uk-brexit

I live on CUK

Bye Bye

We don't need nuclear scientists, psychiatrists, lecturers, research scientists, nurses, fruit pickers ...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Bye Bye

We don't need nuclear scientists, psychiatrists, lecturers, research scientists, nurses, fruit pickers ...
    It's far too late for psychiatrists.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Better than AtW

Problem is the cream (whether UK or EU citizens) can work anywhere and since Brexit has made the UK unappealing to many, the only people staying by definition will be people without options i.e. the dregs (whether UK or EU citizens).
    And companies will move to where the cream are. That used to be London, now it will be elsewhere.
    All this has its own inexorable logic and it won't happen overnight, but 5 years from now, the employment market in the Uk is going to be very different - and not for the better.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Problem is the cream (whether UK or EU citizens) can work anywhere and since Brexit has made the UK unappealing to many, the only people staying by definition will be people without options i.e. the dregs (whether UK or EU citizens).
    And companies will move to where the cream are. That used to be London, now it will be elsewhere.
    All this has its own inexorable logic and it won't happen overnight, but 5 years from now, the employment market in the Uk is going to be very different - and not for the better.
    Sadly, the people who lack the capability to understand this will be the most affected.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Sadly, the people who lack the capability to understand this will be the most affected.
    Which are the people who voted for Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Which are the people who voted for Brexit
    Largely (but not entirely).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Look, I was reasonably on the fence over Brexit but we've got to accept the result and move forward.

All you naysayers are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy; the atmosphere is positively toxic thanks to all the bleating from the Guardian and their ilk & it is this that will be putting off investment in the country, not our exit from the EU.

And, while I'm at it, I'm not also a huge fan of Mr Trump but making the leader of the most powerful country in the world the focus of the "daily hate" isn't exactly going to ensure we're first in the queue for a trade deal is it?

More fingers than teeth

As the economy shrinks it is the highly paid skilled bit that will disappear, in particular the finance sector. The irony is that the skilled leave voters who voted to kick out the unskilled from the fruit farms, will themselves replace them.
    I'm alright Jack

Better than AtW

Quote Originally Posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Look, I was reasonably on the fence over Brexit but we've got to accept the result and move forward.

All you naysayers are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy; the atmosphere is positively toxic thanks to all the bleating from the Guardian and their ilk & it is this that will be putting off investment in the country, not our exit from the EU.

And, while I'm at it, I'm not also a huge fan of Mr Trump but making the leader of the most powerful country in the world the focus of the "daily hate" isn't exactly going to ensure we're first in the queue for a trade deal is it?
    sasguru off you cockwomble.
    I'm sure the chairmen of industry base their decisions on the Guardian.
    Last edited by administrator; 29th June 2017 at 19:01.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal