• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREXIT - Continue working in the EU - Questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREXIT - Continue working in the EU - Questions

Starting a thread to capture ideas / questions / answers on how to remain working within the EU or start working there should things go pear shape.

I am starting to get a little worried about the UK post Brexit and in particular the ability to be able to find a contract.

So, this is what I have done:

1. Obtained a e-residency card
    2. Waiting to see what happens

Has anyone else obtained an e-residency card?
    Has anyone gone the whole hog and created a separate EU company specifically for post Brexit work?
    Is anyone thinking of being based in Frankfurt?

Marry some Eastern European beauty?

Comment

e-residency is all about paying taxes there as well, strikes me that it will only work if you actually go and work there because tax will be liable where you actually work. In other words the e-residency, surprise, surprise, doesn't come for free.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Marry some Eastern European beauty?

Are you offering? Opps, I forgot. You are fugly.

Comment

A bit more information here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-eu-referendum

It doesn't seem to necessarily give you any rights in any other EU countries, possibly might give you the right to go to Estonia, but its main purpose seems to be that it simply enables you to use Estonian online services and seems to be targeting businesses in "banana republics" who don't have access to reliable banking or online services. Still Britain is heading to become Banana Republic.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

E-residence is same as registering UK Ltd - gives no extra rights to be resident in country.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Are you offering? Opps, I forgot. You are fugly.
              yes but Nutski his current wife is slightly prettier than MF! Maybe you can teach her how to divorce her hubby?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                yes but Nutski his current wife is slightly prettier than MF! Maybe you can teach her how to divorce her hubby?

Shooting?

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-nemts.../28581072.html

Comment

If you run an Estonian company from the UK HMRC are going to want you to pay UK Corporation Tax anyway. And as said it changes nothing about your right to work abroad. So I don't see there's any advantage to it at all.

Unfortunately the majority have spoken and have decided that British citizenship should be a hinderance rather than an advantage. Only thing to do is try to exchange your defective citizenship for a better one.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    If you run an Estonian company from the UK HMRC are going to want you to pay UK Corporation Tax anyway.
                    On what grounds?

What if Estonian company only books revenues outside of UK?

Comment

Working...
                    X