• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If only we had educated the brexiteers a tiny weeny bit more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only we had educated the brexiteers a tiny weeny bit more

Brexit caused by low levels of education, study finds | The Independent
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I can believe it. The more people subjected to the absurd leftie liberal indoctrination fostered by most places of higher education these days would be enough to turn most of them into soft-minded EU surrender monkeys.

Comment

Lefty drivel.

It is probably accurate in a purely technical sense because a higher percentage of younger people voted to remain and they are "educated" in the sense that about five times as many are in higher education than in 1970 when only the best went to university.

However, unless perhaps it is in a relevant subject like history or economics, how does education give them any more competence to judge the issues? A degree in media studies helps to make a sound judgement on EU membership in what way exactly?

Older voters are more educated in ways that matters, they have lived through decades and seen these wonderful unions that ignore realities of human nature and human society, like the Soviet Union or Yugoslavia, fail over and over again.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Lefty drivel.

It is probably accurate in a purely technical sense because a higher percentage of younger people voted to remain and they are "educated" in the sense that about five times as many are in higher education than in 1970 when only the best went to university.

However, unless perhaps it is in a relevant subject like history or economics, how does education give them any more competence to judge the issues? A degree in media studies helps to make a sound judgement on EU membership in what way exactly?

Older voters are more educated in ways that matters, they have lived through decades and seen these wonderful unions that ignore realities of human nature and human society, like the Soviet Union or Yugoslavia, fail over and over again.
          Pretty much bollocks really. Everyone that I know voted to stay in and most of those are over 50 although I do know a few youngsters and those that voted stay were quite well educated and travelled whereas those that voted to leave were pretty much the opposite (and looking at the UK popular press it seems that the same goes for the over 50's) I think you'll find that those older people who voted leave, probably had no idea about what was happening in the USSR and Yugoslavia
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have noticed that there are a lot of tabloids or newspapers with tendentious or false news that people easily believe.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I think you'll find that those older people who voted leave, probably had no idea about what was happening in the USSR and Yugoslavia
              And I think you will find that you are, as usual, making ridiculously sweeping generalisations.

But we would expect little else, as you remain an air-headed blinkered one-dimensional buffoon!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Everyone that I know voted to stay in and most of those are over 50 although I do know a few youngsters and those that voted stay were quite well educated and travelled whereas those that voted to leave were pretty much the opposite
                There is a lack of detail in the article, I can't find any reference on Google to the original source, but there is no indication that education was compared on an age-related basis, young educated vs young uneducated etc. so the age and education cannot be entirely separated.

I would not rule out any link between education and views but that is probably more about self interest. The majority within the very large increase in EU migrants from the latest accession countries are of low skill level and it is therefore the jobs of those at the bottom of our own society who are threatened. The more educated can get better jobs in the UK and also have more opportunity to do so in richer EU countries. They are probably more in favour of the EU only because it is of more benefit to themselves.

Dig deep enough and human selfishness underlies most trends.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 7 August 2017, 18:24.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

SEnd all Brexiters to the gas chambers.

Sieg heil to the Remoaner Oberführer. How long until the Remoaners annexe Poland?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Dig deep enough and human selfishness underlies most trends.
                    Ain't THAT the truth, and underlined by the obsessive wailing of most of our expats to the fact that Brexit might just make their cushy lifestyles a little harder to maintain.
                    Narrow self-interest at work.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X