• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit divorce bill (part 94) - I'd like to know...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The EU have actually clearly stated they should simply pay all the obligations they agreed to, nothing more, nothing less. They're waiting for a yay/nay.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/site...ement_en_1.pdf

This is actually a very simple negotiation but the British government ministers are as thick as pig sh*t

I think pig sh*t is less thick.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Like I said thick as pig shit or not, there is a faction of the Tories who would welcome no deal.
      I rather hope there isn't one since I have no skin in the game anymore and I'd like to see Brexiters suffer.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I've not understood why (says the EU) it's for the UK to do the sums and present what it thinks is correct, rather than the EU doing the sums and saying "here, this is what you owe and why".

Can someone please explain this to a thicko like me?
        The figure wont matter , UK is not leaving , it will be a transition period followed by years of more transition.
        Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          The EU have actually clearly stated they should simply pay all the obligations they agreed to, nothing more, nothing less. They're waiting for a yay/nay.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/site...ement_en_1.pdf

This is actually a very simple negotiation but the British government ministers are as thick as pig sh*t

Ok.... so I don't see a number next to any of the items listed?

Comment

You won't. The EU want us to do all the legwork so they can find fault with it, probably hoping we'll get so sick of it all we'll come running back to them. They haven't come to negotiate, they've come to protect their project, because we all know what will happen if the UK leaves with a good deal, don't we.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              because we all know what will happen if the UK leaves with a good deal, don't we.
              The same as what will happen if we DON'T leave with a good deal only with different timescales.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

thick as Mince its in invisible ink !

We know this isn't going to happen, they have already started to exclude us.

3. On this basis, the United Kingdom should continue to benefit from all programmes as before the
                withdrawal until their closure under the condition that it respects the applicable Union legal
                rules.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Because the EU did it originally and the UK told them to bugger off, but didn't present what they think the figure should be.
                  Actually, I don't believe the EU has actually ever given an exit bill figure estimate. Fairly certain the rediculous figures banded around are a figment of the imaginations of the UK pro-Brexit press - publishing ever increasing numbers until people stopped saying 'yeah, that sounds reasonable actually'.

The UK's position needs to be that we will agree to pay what we are due to pay. But there can be no blank cheques.
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Don't worry there will be one. If the UK keeps dithering it will be a bloody big one as well.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Do we have to contribute towards macrons make up bill?

Comment

Working...
                      X