• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Article 127

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article 127

Ding ding! Round three!

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...rticle-127-eea

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    A127 is old news (the Independent has been banging on about A127 since July 2016), and the legal situation appears tilted towards it not being required. However, FWIW, I think they should put it to a vote. It's basically a vote for continued free movement (or not), and the outcome should be similar to the recent votes on the Withdrawal Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      A127 is old news (the Independent has been banging on about A127 since July 2016), and the legal situation appears tilted towards it not being required. However, FWIW, I think they should put it to a vote. It's basically a vote for continued free movement (or not), and the outcome should be similar to the recent votes on the Withdrawal Bill.
      A bit of fun isn't it? There is no referendum based mandate for this of course. The Leave campaign was clear that the UK would stay in the single market.

Comment

A bit of fun isn't it? There is no referendum based mandate for this of course. The Leave campaign was clear that the UK would stay in the single market.
        There is a European free trade zone from Iceland to the Russian border and we will be part of it.

'Leave' looks like...

Comment

Yes, clear that we wouldn't stay in the SM.

Fighting this would be a complete waste of taxpayers' money, much like A50. Although the earlier A127 case was rejected, it was on the grounds of the case being premature, and there has to be a realistic prospect of HMG losing a timely case (esp. with Jeremy Wright as AG).

Comment

Seems like a reasonable compromise to me. Two-year BAU transition followed by a clean break.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Yes, clear that we wouldn't stay in the SM.
              Where was this clearly said?

Comment

How was this not clear?

Comment

What is the next number in this sequence?

50, 127, ?????

Comment

It was clearly said in the letter that Cameron who was the Prime Minister of the UK at the time sent to every voter at great expense. I voted Leave, I was and am quite clear that leaving the single market and ending free movement in its present form were part of the deal. I do wonder what country you were in? Using weasel words like the Leave campaign said this or that about the single market is pretty irrelevant and dare I say utterly childish.

Comment

Working...
                    X