• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monarch the first big Brexit victim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Presumably they have to pay you to go to Luton?
    Actually I prefer Luton over Heathrow or Gatwick - Its a small airport where getting in and out is a breeze

Not sure why you dont like it

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post
      Actually I prefer Luton over Heathrow or Gatwick - Its a small airport where getting in and out is a breeze

Not sure why you dont like it
      Word on the street is they have just implemented a bespoke BPM tool in a safety critical area.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post
        I use easyjet twice a month and I am astonished at how cheap flights have become these days.

£70 return from luton to Copenhagen or Luton to zurich is insane given that the landing costs are unusually high in both airports and more importantly the times suit commuters really well

7AM flight out of luton - 9PM flight on Thursday

If Monarch are in trouble you can bet easyjet and ryanair are feeling the pinch as well
        The other airlines add/remove routes as a minimum twice yearly depending on the routes profitability and don't just concentrate on filling planes on particular routes. They need the planes full on most of their routes and at the times they fly otherwise they will remove the flight or in some cases remove the route completely.

Monarch was apparently flying planes half empty for over 6 months. Easyjet/Ryanair/Norwegian/other low cost operator would have realised within 3 months that flight/route wasn't profitable and would have axed it.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So which Airline will be next? Maybe one of the smaller ones, I'm going with Scottish Airline Logan air who recently lost their franchise with FlyBe and face competition form FlyBe's new Franchisee it's a head to head battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            So which Airline will be next? Maybe one of the smaller ones, I'm going with Scottish Airline Logan air who recently lost their franchise with FlyBe and face competition form FlyBe's new Franchisee it's a head to head battle.
            Problem is very few would notice if they are gone.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Royal Navy.

Comment

And Flybe is gone as well. Brexit was the start of their problems, Corona gave the final push

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  And Flybe is gone as well. Brexit was the start of their problems, Corona gave the final push
                  F**k business
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                  X