• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit DOOM™: DFS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Bob,

this is the point isn't it, MuitiYork is for people moving or renovating

DFS is for the Jeremy Kyle brigade

DFS is the barometer of the Jeremy Kyle brigade who's consumer credit powers the economy

if this band of never never warriors start to tighten their belts

pop goes the weasel

Milan.
    I think there is some truth in that but you have to wonder how much buying power that demographic really has. I worked for a chap years ago that had the opinion that you need to watch the luxury goods sector so champagne, handbags etc. when they start dropping there really is a problem. I have seen two of the new Maserati 4x4 in the last week and there are about 4 of the Bentley Bentayga's doing the rounds in my hood and we is countryside plebes by comparison to London.

Do I think we will see some silly times ahead? Certainly there might be some odd figures, but not as bad as some of the remain campaigners seem to be begging for. But I do think that there is truth in the argument that the media can talk sentiment into a crash and Im not sure its worth losing your house and worldly possessions just to get bragging rights about how bad things are...

Comment

Working...
    X