Tory Brexit DOOM™:  DFS Tory Brexit DOOM™: DFS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    53,372

    Default Tory Brexit DOOM™: DFS

    "Sofa retailer DFS is nursing a sharp fall in profits amid a "very challenging market" as shoppers have become unwilling to splash out on new sofas and a weaker pound has pushed up costs."

    My Xmas 2025 delivery is in danger!!!

  2. #2

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    "Sofa retailer DFS is nursing a sharp fall in profits amid a "very challenging market" as shoppers have become unwilling to splash out on new sofas and a weaker pound has pushed up costs."

    My Xmas 2025 delivery is in danger!!!
    Nice one Brexit. There go AtW's plans for getting laid.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  3. #3

    Godlike

    barrydidit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    at the end of my tether
    Posts
    7,672

    Default

    They could always try having a sale, and advertising the fact.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Nice one Brexit. There go AtW's plans for getting laid.
    Oh come on, be realistic.

  5. #5

    Default

    ok stake in the ground

    my barometer of state of the high street is John Lewis

    If John Lewis discounts prices before Christmas there's a problem

    simple

    Milan.

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    53,372

    Default

    John Lewis never knowingly discounts...

  7. #7

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    Or you could suggest that:

    People tend to buy sofas when they move home or renovate. If they are doing neither then the need to change a sofa will be put off until its really needed. Lets not forget that there are some better alternatives around to DFS (always been a bit tulip IMO) so maybe customers are waking up to the fact that tulip sofa on faked 0% credit is less attractive than a better one from Multiyork or Sofas.com....

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Or the sofa king 😁

  9. #9

    Super poster

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobspud View Post
    Or you could suggest that:

    People tend to buy sofas when they move home or renovate. If they are doing neither then the need to change a sofa will be put off until its really needed. Lets not forget that there are some better alternatives around to DFS (always been a bit tulip IMO) so maybe customers are waking up to the fact that tulip sofa on faked 0% credit is less attractive than a better one from Multiyork or Sofas.com....
    Shops are full of tat.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobspud View Post
    Or you could suggest that:

    People tend to buy sofas when they move home or renovate. If they are doing neither then the need to change a sofa will be put off until its really needed. Lets not forget that there are some better alternatives around to DFS (always been a bit tulip IMO) so maybe customers are waking up to the fact that tulip sofa on faked 0% credit is less attractive than a better one from Multiyork or Sofas.com....

    Bob,

    this is the point isn't it, MuitiYork is for people moving or renovating

    DFS is for the Jeremy Kyle brigade

    DFS is the barometer of the Jeremy Kyle brigade who's consumer credit powers the economy

    if this band of never never warriors start to tighten their belts

    pop goes the weasel

    Milan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •