• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like clientco is moving its head office from London to Brussels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well he won't be able to confiscate huge sums from the likes of Amazon while we're still in
    He will target stupid Tory voters

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Did you read AEP in the Telegraph t'other day ("dangerous diplomatic fiction")? He was spot on, I thought.
      I am sure he was magnificent, but spot on???

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Entirely due to Brexit. I know it's one of many.
        Don't be ridiculous. Toys R Us is an American Company.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Well he won't be able to confiscate huge sums from the likes of Amazon while we're still in. It's EU rules that see them pay their corp tax in Luxembourg rather than here. One of the hidden benefits of Brexit, everyone will be forced to pay their "fair share". Some will get to pay a "fairer" share than others, mind...
          The UK will and up continuing to comply with EU rules.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Not impossible, although Labour might go for a full sell-out and EEA. I don't think Corbyn actually cares much about the EU. He doesn't like it, but he's mainly interested in being able to do stuff w/r to state aid, vs. being ideologically opposed to the institutions, and I think he'd swallow this if it kept his party more united. I don't think he cares much about trade (deals). Also, I think most of the electorate have moved on from Brexit. As long as it happens, I don't think a majority really care about the details that much.
            That's not what I hear, Brexit voters foaming at the mouth as the bar bill grows.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              That's not what I hear,
              But what YOU hear is defined by the rather salient fact that you have surrounded yourself, abroad, with equally deluded expat Bremainers.

A trip back here to the real world in Blighty paints a very different picture, provided you avoid the retarded little enclaves wherein lie the whining Luddite Remoaner cliques.

HTH
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                A trip back here to the real world in Blighty paints a very different picture, provided you avoid the retarded little enclaves wherein lie the whining Luddite Remoaner cliques.
                So Remainders are now Luddites, not Brexiters who want to go back in time?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  So Remainders are now Luddites,
                  Remainers have ALWAYS been Luddites. And chicken-hearted ones at that.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Remainers have ALWAYS been Luddites. And chicken-hearted ones at that.

HTH BIDI

You are so drunk. Superb effort!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      So Remainders are now Luddites, not Brexiters who want to go back in time?
                      Well, willingly tying yourself into an undemocratic union where everything gets decided behind closed doors, and people you've never had the chance to vote for tell you what's going to happen, that sounds like going back in time, whereas telling them all to go and do one sort of doesn't.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X