• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like clientco is moving its head office from London to Brussels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like clientco is moving its head office from London to Brussels

Entirely due to Brexit. I know it's one of many.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Is there a very good reason for the move? E.g. they are Juncker's preferred wine merchant and will definitely lose that contract unless they move.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Is there a very good reason for the move? E.g. they are Juncker's preferred wine merchant and will definitely lose that contract unless they move.
        Or perhaps they're not deluded cretins like you.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          With such passion, none of your tricks looked at you ever.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Oh, touched a nerve did we?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...itain-brussels

They will talk of “transition” tonight, after she has left the room. Remainers cling to a long “transition” in the hope something will turn up. But listen to business begging for more time and they only want the extra time to move companies across the Channel. Transition is just a longer plank, but we still walk off it in the end.
              absolutely
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                If you move early then you'd get better choice of offices and lower leases.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Did you read AEP in the Telegraph t'other day ("dangerous diplomatic fiction")? He was spot on, I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    If you move early then you'd get better choice of offices and lower leases.
                    It will also be easier to hire qualified staff and give more time to your local UK staff to sell their tulip and evacuate whilst the border is still open.

Comment

Working...
                    X