We are still in the EU though aren't we? We are still in the EU though aren't we?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    35,444

    Default We are still in the EU though aren't we?

    UK manufacturing growth was stronger in October, says PMI survey - BBC News

    It was the fifteenth consecutive month of expansion for the sector, and will fuel debate over whether the economy is ready for an interest rate rise.

    The news sent the pound to its highest against the dollar since early October.
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  2. #2

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,514

    Default

    And by 2040 the UK may reach 2006 GDP levels again.

    Where there's muck there's brass.

  3. #3

    Better than AtW


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Yes we are still in the EU.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...d-trade-europe

    It's difficult to see what your point is?
    I suspect you don't have one.
    Your logical skills are so poor, you must be a really shit developer.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  4. #4

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    And by 2040 the UK may reach 2006 GDP levels again.

    Still, Ireland has more than passed its pre-crash peak.

    Where there's muck there's brass.

  5. #5

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    35,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes we are still in the EU.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...d-trade-europe

    It's difficult to see what your point is?
    I suspect you don't have one.
    Your logical skills are so poor, you must be a really shit developer.
    The point is all good news is spun as "whilst we remain in the EU" and all bad news is spun as "due to Brexit"

    So if it's sunny and warm tomorrow I know it is because we are still in the EU...
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  6. #6

    Better than AtW


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The point is all good news is spun as "whilst we remain in the EU" and all bad news is spun as "due to Brexit"

    So if it's sunny and warm tomorrow I know it is because we are still in the EU...
    So what do think of the fact that exports are rising because the EU is buying more from us?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    So what do think of the fact that exports are rising because the EU is buying more from us?
    Stocking up before the duty and vat get slapped on a few years!

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    motoukenin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    528

    Default

    My advice to newbies is to check on Google before asking such basic questions otherwise you may find yourself getting toasted , oh sorry you already have.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

  9. #9

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    So what do think of the fact that exports are rising because the EU is buying more from us?
    Actually, from the article he quoted at the top, it's the domestic market for manufactured goods that is rising:

    The report said the UK domestic market was the prime source of new manufacturing orders. However, growth of the consumer goods sector fell to a seven-month low as new contracts eased.
    This is probably due to the weak pound, making the local supply chain more cost effective.
    Practice social posting
    Stay Alert
    - Moderate the Posts -Save Face
    Together we can beat the CV offenders

  10. #10

    Better than AtW


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Actually, from the article he quoted at the top, it's the domestic market for manufactured goods that is rising:



    This is probably due to the weak pound, making the local supply chain more cost effective.
    And from my link, the EU is also buying more. So it's a combination of both.
    But what it isn't is the UK selling to the rest of the world, which we are told by the more stupid Brexiters is to be our mainstay of trade going froward.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •