• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit means Brexit, everywhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You're the one who voted for Brexit, apart from the financial reasons, why did you vote for it?
    Was it to take back sovereign control of our borders that we already had?
    Was it to take back sovereign control of our parliament and laws that we already had?

What reason did you vote for Brexit?
    Why did you think it would be such a good idea?

In your months of saying "Prove why Brexit is bad that doesn't involve finance", you've yet to provide one iota of evidence as to why Brexit is good that doesn't involve finance.
    Nonsense,
    1. Getting a job is easy in this country, if it's low paid you get benefits. Organisations exists to profit from this and will ship people in from Poland etc. It was never about borders, but yes if you want to spend more on policing the borders great, but try and get criminal records out of some of these eastern block countries.
    2. By definition you don't have sovereign control of parliament, you have to implement eu laws and yes you can implement your own laws unless they conflict with EU laws.

Dafty wafty.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Jeezuz...

Potentially some people may be slightly financial worse off after Brexit - is about the truth.
      No it isn't.

Jeezuz...

But as before ignoring the financial side of things?
      Apart from that? It's the economy, stoopid.

can anyone tell me why Brexit is a bad idea - or are you going to continue to hide behind the fact that a can of beans may cost 5 p more to prove the whole of brexit is a bad idea?
      • Northern Ireland
      • Loss of the right to work across Europe
      • Opening up of the UK to 'labour market reforms' to further erode rights at work'
      • Chlorinated chicken and other Trumpesque indignities.

Comment

Jeezuz...

Potentially some people may be slightly financial worse off after Brexit - is about the truth.

But as before ignoring the financial side of things can anyone tell me why Brexit is a bad idea - or are you going to continue to hide behind the fact that a can of beans may cost 5 p more to prove the whole of brexit is a bad idea?
        Every time you have been told, you've ignored it and tried to change your argument. It's a waste of time speaking to this with their fingers in their ears.
        Nope - every time a thread has been created to talk about Brexit without reference to the economy it has probably not had more than 6 posts before some balloon comes in with both size 12 screeching 'Divorce Bill'
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/brexi...ml#post2486673

And when you got this reply... http://forums.contractoruk.com/brexi...ml#post2486683

Your reply was... oh yes, you didn't reply.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I voted to for the UK to leave the European Parliament because I do not believe it is a benefit to the UK to be part of a larger organisation which does not have the interests of the UK as it's main concern.

Pretty simple really.
          It has the interests of the UK as a main concern where the UK is part of the bigger community. If the UK didn't want to be part of the bigger community with its associated benefits, then why would the EU in the past have wanted the UK to be its one and only prime concern.

Do you think the UK Parliament has your personal interests as its main concern?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It has the interests of the UK as a main concern where the UK is part of the bigger community. If the UK didn't want to be part of the bigger community with its associated benefits, then why would the EU in the past have wanted the UK to be its one and only prime concern.

Do you think the UK Parliament has your personal interests as its main concern?
            No but remember this is not about me.

I would imagine that the UK parliament has the interest of the UK more at heart than the EU.

Comment

I would imagine that the UK parliament has the interest of the UK more at heart than the EU.
              Have you actually personally engaged with people particularly civil servants and MEPs but including people who work in EU agencies, European Commission and EU Parliament to see how UK interests were put forward in the EU?

Or is all your information from the media?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Nonsense,
                1. Getting a job is easy in this country, if it's low paid you get benefits. Organisations exists to profit from this and will ship people in from Poland etc. It was never about borders, but yes if you want to spend more on policing the borders great, but try and get criminal records out of some of these eastern block countries.
                2. By definition you don't have sovereign control of parliament, you have to implement eu laws and yes you can implement your own laws unless they conflict with EU laws.

Dafty wafty.
                Parliament has always had the choice whether to implement EU laws or withdraw from the EU, and no EU permission is needed to withdraw. So Parliament has always been sovereign. Why is this so difficult to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Nonsense,

Dafty wafty.
                  in the same way you can't introduce laws which conflict with WTO rules or indeed any rules agreed to after an FTA is agreed with any other country.

Everytime the UK signs a new trade deal it will be constrained, eg Australia's pharmaceutical regulations shoved down its throat by the US.

To suggest you will not be constrained is just totally dafty wafty
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think you'll find they have their personal interests more at heart than the UK. Their personal interests being stored in Panama is a sign.
                    That and the sale of the UK to the US.
                    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
                      I think you'll find they have their personal interests more at heart than the UK. Their personal interests being stored in Panama is a sign.
                      That and the sale of the UK to the US.
                      Indeed when the Russians deposed the Tsar they ended up with Stalin.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X