• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteers lodsing bigly, May agrees to pay more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexiteers lodsing bigly, May agrees to pay more

Brexit: UK 'ready to pay more to the EU' - BBC News

Yes guys this is what you voted for when you voted leave, but I didn't see a bus with the text let's give £40B to the EU and leave the country in total chaos

Who's this lodsing bloke?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The EU can go whistle. The UK holds all the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Who's this lodsing bloke?
        I don't know but apparently he is going to pay 40bn to the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I don't know but apparently he is going to pay 40bn to the EU.
          Very kind of him. Is he related to Ken bigly?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Brexit: UK 'ready to pay more to the EU' - BBC News

Yes guys this is what you voted for when you voted leave, but I didn't see a bus with the text let's give £40B to the EU and leave the country in total chaos
            It was already agreed, in the budgets. So we'd pay it if we were to have remained and conversely, if we were to leave.
            (but you're right, they didn't put 'let's agree to this humongous multi-year budget' on a bus and get us to agree to it did they?)

Total chaos? Calm down dear, the UK isn't quite Zimbabwe, Syria or Libya yet
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Very kind of him. Is he related to Ken bigly?
              almost certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                It was already agreed, in the budgets. So we'd pay it if we were to have remained and conversely, if we were to leave.
                (but you're right, they didn't put 'let's agree to this humongous multi-year budget' on a bus and get us to agree to it did they?)

Total chaos? Calm down dear, the UK isn't quite Zimbabwe, Syria or Libya yet
                What's even more hilarious is that idiots on both sides cling on to this number on a bus that a man with control of one MP's vote at the time posted. It's less relevant than Corbyn's pledges because you can promise whatever you want when you're not responsible for delivering.

Comment

"Lets stay in the EU and put the £40bn into the NHS."

Where was that bus?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What's even more hilarious is that idiots on both sides cling on to this number on a bus that a man with control of one MP's vote at the time posted. It's less relevant than Corbyn's pledges because you can promise whatever you want when you're not responsible for delivering.
                    Quite. I'm not sure how many people still believe that to have been a pledge (we will), rather than an option (let's = let us) - by someone not in government/ministerial office.

Still, it keeps everyone frothing happily
                    Originally posted by Old Greg
                    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                    X