• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain will lose landing rights in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain will lose landing rights in EU

People were laughing at me when I told so a while ago
    Well there's still a strong possibility that your flights into the EU after brexit day will have to be canceled:

The EU’s 27 remaining member states have begun preparing for talks on future EU-UK relations, outlining models of co-operation in aviation, fisheries and research that strictly adhere to precedents in existing arrangements with non-EU countries.*

In the area of aviation in particular,*the European Commission*sees little room for creativity or “bespoke” arrangement that the UK is hoping to negotiate, according to a presentation to the EU member states seen by the Financial Times.*

If Britain left the single market, the paper states,*UK-owned airlines would automatically lose existing flying rights in Europe’s “fully liberalised” aviation market, and would no longer be entitled to EU recognition of approvals for parts or certificates for airworthiness.
    https://www.ft.com/content/e7674638-...1-794ce08b24dc

Oh and if you decide to travel by ferry or train you may need to get a visa first

Private jets will still be ok. Everybody else won't be able to afford flying anyway...

Comment

Better still, let's close the fecking Chunnel.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Well there's still a strong possibility that your flights into the EU after brexit day will have to be canceled:

Oh and if you decide to travel by ferry or train you may need to get a visa first
        I say go for it, it won't just hurt the UK but the EU too. Brits spend far too much money holidaying in Europe let's see how their economies fair without it.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          I say go for it, it won't just hurt the UK but the EU too. Brits spend far too much money holidaying in Europe let's see how their economies fair without it.
          you think Europeans are happy with totally pissed and drugged Brits at stag and hen parties wasting their historic city centres

Comment

you think Europeans are happy with totally pissed and drugged Brits at stag and hen parties wasting their historic city centres
            Happy enough to take their money

Not all Brits travelling abroad are members of a Stag or Hen party
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Europe’s “fully liberalised” aviation market so that's why the want to restrict stuff to just the EU as an introverted entity

Lot's of people around the world work in Europe, lots of none EU airlines fly into and out of EU countries. The EU isn't Europe just a tin pot wannabe federal republic, George Orwell predicted it

There's lots of the rest of the world and we'll be better off simply getting back to our world outlook rather than being a lackey of the corrupt and introverted EU

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                lots of none EU airlines fly into and out of EU countries.
                It's often done on parity, usually limited basis, for example there are 4 BA daily flights to Moscow, and I think about the same allowed for Russian carriers.

There would have to be a lot of Spanish tourists going to Blackpool and Brighton to offset them Ibiza trips...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  It's often done on parity, usually limited basis, for example there are 4 BA daily flights to Moscow, and I think about the same allowed for Russian carriers.

There would have to be a lot of Spanish tourists going to Blackpool and Brighton to offset them Ibiza trips...
                  Sounds good. Very limited flights to Europe, will boost the UK (less people travelling so spending here instead of there). Others will travel further afield (e.g. USA). And for the rest of us, less poor chavs in Europe.

Win-win, Brexit does it again.

Comment

Oh ffs not this crap again. So you don't think any UK airlines will be allowed to fly into the EU? BA is half Spanish, Ryanair is Irish, TUI is German, Easyjet are about to become part-Austrian...get the picture?
                    Don't believe everything you read in the FT. In fact, on the subject of Brexit, don't believe anything you read in the FT...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X