• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear 77744

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear 77744

UK stock markets close at a record high - BBC News

Brexit is having a disasterous effect.

Hang on. Stock Markets are not about today. They look 18 months ahead. So the UK is stuffed in 18 months time.....

Two factors to take into consideration before crowing.

1. The FTSE 100 is made up largely of companies which are not valued in sterling. A weaker pounds means their pound value naturally increases.
    2. The FTSE 100 is made up largely of companies whose income is generated in countries other than the UK. A high share value is a reflection of how well those countries are doing - not the UK.

The FTSE100 value might be grounds for cautious optimism that the UK economy isn't doing as badly as feared, but it's certainly not grounds for everything being awesome.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

so its ALT profits ?

unfortunately it seems to have hit europe as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/27/euro...g-session.html

European markets closed mixed on Wednesday, amid light trade across markets worldwide due to the holiday period.

The pan-European STOXX 600 closed up 0.1 percent, with major bourses pointing in different directions. The FTSE 100 hit a record high during the session on Wednesday, and closed 0.34 percent higher.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The FTSE100 value might be grounds for cautious optimism that the UK economy isn't doing as badly as feared, but it's certainly not grounds for everything being awesome.
        It was always going to be difficult to split from Europe. I suspect things will get worse. However in a few years, when the UK is not doing as badly as the EU expects, other countries are going to look to exit the EU.

I hope that one day that European can start to integrate without all the bureaucracy. Through closer understanding and mutual co-operation.

I also hope one day that CUK exiter and leaver factions may stop the continual war.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          It was always going to be difficult to split from Europe. I suspect things will get worse. However in a few years, when the UK is not doing as badly as the EU expects, other countries are going to look to exit the EU.

I hope that one day that European can start to integrate without all the bureaucracy. Through closer understanding and mutual co-operation.

I also hope one day that CUK exiter and leaver factions may stop the continual war.
          no while they crap in our shoes, and we piss in their bovril

Comment

Working...
          X