• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU to strangle Britain in interminable transition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU to strangle Britain in interminable transition

EU leaders plan to slowly strangle Britain in an interminable transition, whilst negotiations proceed at snails pace

It's alright Trump will ride to the rescue.

I'm alright Jack

EU to act like petulant children because they cannot get their own way.

There you go fifty.

Comment

Breixteers to act like petulant children because they can't have their cake and eat it

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

It's alright Trump will ride to the rescue.

Doubt it. He's just turned down the opportunity to visit Britain. I think he's sulking a bit.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Speaking of which:

Trump calls off London visit

...and the quick trade deal.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Breixteers to act like petulant children because they can't have their cake and eat it
            Interesting so we want a trade deal but not freedom of movement.

Why?

Surely they are two separate things - one is a trade deal the other is freedom of movement.

It's almost like the EU do not want freedom of movement and so see it as a 'bad' thing where as they see trade deals as a 'good' thing.

If they were both good things then they would be negotiated separately but because they lump one in with the other you can clearly see what their true thoughts are .

But then I guess you have never thought about it like that have you?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Interesting so we want a trade deal but not freedom of movement.

Why?

Surely they are two separate things - one is a trade deal the other is freedom of movement.

It's almost like the EU do not want freedom of movement and so see it as a 'bad' thing where as they see trade deals as a 'good' thing.

If they were both good things then they would be negotiated separately but because they lump one in with the other you can clearly see what their true thoughts are .

But then I guess you have never thought about it like that have you?
              A market includes capital, goods, services and people.

If a country like Britain can dominate a market and push, for example, Poles out of business because they have access to their market, then Poles won't be happy that having had their companies driven out of business they can't go and work in Britain and instead watch as Britain imports a lot non-European "cheap" immigrants to undercut them.

That's why after Britain leaves the EU they will erect barriers to protect their own industries.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                A market includes capital, goods, services and people.

If a country like Britain can dominate a market and push, for example, Poles out of business because they have access to their market, then Poles won't be happy that having had their companies driven out of business they can't go and work in Britain and instead watch as Britain imports a lot non-European "cheap" immigrants to undercut them.

That's why after Britain leaves the EU they will erect barriers to protect their own industries.
                I think that's just bollox mate.

Comment

Those nice Europeans, all demand and no give. All they ever wanted to do is subsume Britain into their burgeoning empire, kill national identity and replace it with the greater European Feck em I say The only trouble is those nice softies we're breeding who dislike anyone that can be pilloried on social media. So instead of leveraging Trump and others for our benefit we're intent on fouling the relationship with petty considerations. Where's the backbone we used to have

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I think that's just bollox mate.
                    That's why Brexit will be a failure, as Brexiteers are unable to understand the basic principles behind trade agreements.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X