• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It’s official - we are leaving the customs union.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    or even

Tory traitors vote the government down

of course Corbyn wouldn't support an amendment that has the potential to bring the government down

Miaow

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Miaow
      The CEO of Aviva on Bloomberg pointed out as long as they enter a transition agreement, the end deal will be so vague it won't really matter and that when they stop using imflammatory labels such as customs union it'll all get sorted out in a Free Trade Agreement.

This is the point once the UK enters the transition period there won't be a destination just some slogans.

Basically Ress-Mogg and co. have 6 months to torpedo the transition otherwise their version of Brexit is dead.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 February 2018, 12:34.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

The CEO of Aviva on Bloomberg pointed out as long as they enter a transition agreement, the end deal will be so vague it won't really matter and that when the stop using labels it'll all get sorted out in a Free Trade Agreement.

This is the point once the UK enters the transition period there won't be a destination just some slogans.

Basically Ress-Mogg and co. have 6 months to torpedo the transition otherwise their version of Brexit is dead.

Anna seems terribly angry lately.

Can't imagine why.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Anna seems terribly angry lately.

Can't imagine why.

Perhaps unlike the CEO of Aviva she hadn't been invited into Downing street.

Does anyone know what is in the letter to Nissan?

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Perhaps unlike the CEO of Aviva she hadn't been invited into Downing street.

I think it went something like this:
            1. Brexit means Brexit
            2. Brexit means Brexit
            3. Brexit means Brexit
            4. Brexit doesn't mean not Brexit
            5. Brexit means Breakfast
            6. Brexit means Brexit
            7. Sincerely, Theresa

Comment

Was it written to the chairman or the CEO?

Oh, just checked, back then it was the same guy with both jobs: https://group.renault.com/en/our-com...arlos-ghosn-2/

Strong and Stable cars.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Good that I still have my EU passport as at least half of the work needs to be done on the EU side of things and Brits won't have the right to work there anymore, meaning higher rates for me
                If we all get new EU passports now, they'll be valid for 10 years, and the EU wouldn't be able to invalidate a current EU passport, would they? Discuss...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  If we all get new EU passports now, they'll be valid for 10 years, and the EU wouldn't be able to invalidate a current EU passport, would they? Discuss...
                  You might have a problem getting back into the country though as it won't be blue and then you might get deported by the immigration officials as you might considered an EU citizen. Could cause some confusion there I think....
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It’s official - we are leaving the customs union.

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    “The EU” can’t invalidate any passport, because they don’t issue any; individual member states do.

Not sure why Brexiters would be bothered, though. If restricting FoM is one of their concerns then they should respect the sovereignty of the EU to be able to restrict the movement of United Kingdom passport holders in and out of their borders, no matter what colour the passport is.
                    Last edited by meridian; 6 February 2018, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      “The EU” can’t invalidate any passport, because they don’t issue any; individual member states do.

Not sure why Brexiters would be bothered, though. If restricting FoM is one of their concerns then they should respect the sovereignty of the EU to be able to restrict the movement of United Kingdom passport holders in and out of their borders, no matter what colour the passport is.
                      Restricting FoM was never one of my concerns, but the question I was asking is how would EU member states treat a red British passport post-Brexit if it was still valid? It would still be a valid EU passport. Just wondering.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X