• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some Tory voters will accept Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Tory voters will accept Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister

Some Tory voters will accept Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister if Brexit can be stopped, says Lord Heseltine | The Independent

an Arch remoaner talking rubbish - no change there then.

Are remoaners willing to install Jezzy and send the country back to the 1970s rather than leave the EUSSR?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Are remoaners willing to install Jezzy and send the country back to the 1970s rather than leave the EUSSR?
      You left out the bit about calling him a spy, how he voted against the GFA or saying he's part of the elite.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You left out the bit about calling him a spy, how he voted against the GFA or saying he's part of the elite.
        those aren't established facts as far as I know.

Though his history with the IRA & others is a bit suspect.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...rthern-ireland

Comment

It's a no brainer, the Tory party is now just UKIP II.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Are you now self-parodying, or is this the current voice of Brexit?

Comment

Of course, if Jezza were in favour of a hard brexit and the Tories suddenly decided to give up the whole idea as stupid, the die hard Mona Leavers would rush into the arms of Marxists.

As things are, I'd say on balance the UK is fsked.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Of course, if Jezza were in favour of a hard brexit and the Tories suddenly decided to give up the whole idea as stupid, the die hard Mona Leavers would rush into the arms of Marxists.

As things are, I'd say on balance the UK is fsked.
                nope I suspect most leavers are aware of the damage Jezzy would cause.

Comment

I've never voted Labour in all my life, even though I grew up in a Labour heartland. Up until recently I'd always voted Tory but that changed after Brexit. Would I now vote Labour if I thought it would reverse Brexit ..... 100% yes! My wife and I discussed this very thing about 3 weeks ago and even though we thought was unpalatable to us it is the least worse of 2 evils.

Better Jezza for 5 years than Brexit for god knows how many years and all the damage that will bring to my country. I am ashamed of my countrymen who voted Brexit and their hate filled speech and xenophobia on social media.
                  Last edited by Whorty; 2 March 2018, 18:44.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    I've never voted Labour in all my life, even though I grew up in a Labour heartland. Up until recently I'd always voted Tory but that changed after Brexit. Would I now vote Labour if I thought it would reverse Brexit ..... 100% yes! My wife and I discussed this very thing about 3 weeks ago and even though we thought was unpalatable to us it is the least worse of 2 evils.

Better Jezza for 5 years than Brexit for god knows how many years and all the damage that will bring to my country. I am ashamed of my countrymen who voted Brexit and their hate filled speech and xenophobia on social media.
                    Except (a) he can't reverse Brexit, merely renegotiate the terms under which it happens, (b) if we get another election between now and whatever time it would take to get a Brexit reversal through Parliament it would be a f***ing miracle and (c) the damage his party (not him, he's just an idiot savant figurehead) would do would be far worse than going with Brexit, even in its current confused state. But what do I know of ineffective Labour governments with a left wing agenda...

But it's not going to happen; he would need to persuade quite a few Tories plus the DUP who have no time for him anyway, given his avowed support for the IRA.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X