• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Positive Brexit Story II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    'Project Fear' said this would happen during the ref but it was debunked as scaremongering ...... isn't it funny how many of these scare stories from the referendum are still just that......scaremongering?
    ftfy

The level of bitterness being displayed by the Bremoaners is reaching epidemic proportions. Keep it up......comedy gold!!

Hilarious!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      I'm sure, in typical brexiter fashion, they will blame the EU for the charges and not look in the mirror for the real reason.

'Project Fear' said this would happen during the ref but it was debunked as scaremongering ...... isn't it funny how many of these scare stories from the referendum are coming home to roost?
      Project Fear predicted meltdown and plagues of locuts immediately after the vote, not really worth bringing it up is it?

Oh I forgot you are a remoaner so you have to whine on.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If it does happen then I'm sure the roaming charges will be reciprocated.

But I'd think that competition amongst providers to offer the best package will ensure the costs are low or even zero. When I was in the US last year ( which, I don't believe is in the EU ) my roaming charges were minimal and entitled me to use my UK data and calls.

You might not have heard of this, but there's this thing called "WiFi". It's pretty cool, its a near-ubiquitous offering throughout Europe and the UK. You can get it in hotels, in restaurants, pubs, cafes and in lots of public places and spaces. Lots of places offer it because it's a lure. Two coffee shops to choose from? I'd pick the one with WiFi.

I cannot remember the last time I paid for WiFi.

WhatsApp anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

But I'd think that competition amongst providers to offer the best package will ensure the costs are low or even zero. When I was in the US last year ( which, I don't believe is in the EU ) my roaming charges were minimal and entitled me to use my UK data and calls.

You might not have heard of this, but there's this thing called "WiFi". It's pretty cool, its a near-ubiquitous offering throughout Europe and the UK. You can get it in hotels, in restaurants, pubs, cafes and in lots of public places and spaces. Lots of places offer it because it's a lure. Two coffee shops to choose from? I'd pick the one with WiFi.

WhatsApp anyone?
          Try pulling your hair out with German "Wifi". Too many places have been burnt by Waldorf Fromer.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Project Fear predicted meltdown and plagues of locuts immediately after the vote, not really worth bringing it up is it?

Oh I forgot you are a remoaner so you have to whine on.
            Whereas in fact the economy is booming!

Comment

WhatsApp anyone?
              That's the spirit!

Comment

On the bonny banks of the Danube in Bratislava there is free Wifi as noted by the signs on the benches there, sponsored by the government of Taiwan!
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  That's the spirit!
                  Indeed it is. Better be optimistic and deal with changes as they occur then pessimistic and just roll over and die.

The long-term trend is for mobile calls and data charges to tend towards zero. BREXIT or no BREXIT, EU or Non-EU.

The long-term trend is for increased wi-fi coverage globally.

In a decade we'll all be using our Elon Musk provided satellite-broadband anyway so it won't make one iota of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    Try pulling your hair out with German "Wifi". Too many places have been burnt by Waldorf Fromer.
                    That's funny, I had not heard of it. Just had a quick read up.

Well for me it's a non-issue. I generally use a VPN, don't download illegal torrents and very rarely visit Germany.

The EU should mandate it across Europe. Level playing field and all that.

Comment

At least it's good for creating new political parties:

https://www.onenationgb.uk/
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X