• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Positive Brexit Story II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive Brexit Story II

The PM said in her Mansion House speech: "The UK will not be part of the EU's Digital Single Market, which will continue to develop after our withdrawal from the EU."

"This is a fast evolving, innovative sector, in which the UK is a world leader. It will be particularly important to have domestic flexibility, to ensure the regulatory environment can always respond nimbly and ambitiously to new developments."
    This would likely entail the restoration of roaming charges, unless a deal could be reached but it is very doubtful that telecom companies would want to lose out on the increasing revenue, so more profit there.

A standalone deal to not have roaming charges between EU and the UK cannot be reached as this would be in breach of WTO rules.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I always assumed roaming charges will be back. I'm so looking forward for all those Brexiteers to be charged with huge amounts on their mobile bill, when returning from holiday abroad

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      I always assumed roaming charges will be back. I'm so looking forward for all those Brexiteers to be charged with huge amounts on their mobile bill, when returning from abroad
      Something tells me this might not be the money spinner that Vodafone would like it to be.

Comment

I always assumed roaming charges will be back. I'm so looking forward for all those Brexiteers to be charged with huge amounts on their mobile bill, when returning from holiday abroad

Theresa May confirms EU Digital Single Market exit | bit-tech.net
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Back to the glory days of a caravan in Skegness and sending a cheap postcard 2nd class. Proper holidays. Can't wait.

Comment

More great news for people living near the Irish border.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              More great news for people living near the Irish border.
              Be careful your mobile doesn't wake up any old IED's

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Be careful your mobile doesn't wake up any old IED's
                  Can I part exchange them for smoky coal?

Comment

I'm sure, in typical brexiter fashion, they will blame the EU for the charges and not look in the mirror for the real reason.

'Project Fear' said this would happen during the ref but it was debunked as scaremongering ...... isn't it funny how many of these scare stories from the referendum are coming home to roost?
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X