• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eh?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Shouldham this be in the Brexit forum?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I'm sure that's what the DUP are hoping for too.

Young people need to get out there and vote before the older generation rob them entirely of a future.
      Vote for whom? All parties are destroying the future of the young, just with differing techniques.

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      Some of the folks here are so enamoured with politics that they just can't help themselves. Need to read Plato's Republic instead of that Marx fool, it's all futile.

Comment

A government have never divided a country more than this one. From businesses to relationships, a lot of damage has been done. And they're not finished yet.

Go on, vote for them again. Turkeys voting for Christmas doesn't quite cut it.

I will thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          Yes, my apologies to everyone for this although it does bring up the sorry state of the union. I clicked the wrong button. Will not happen again
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I suggest we get rid of all regional assemblies/parliaments and the English mayoral system.

All i can see them doing is posturing, I can't even bring myself to watch or listen any Scottish politics, it is painful stuff. Yesterday was all about 'banning' putting Shetland in box on a map...

Bid to ban maps of Scotland which put Shetland in a box takes step forward | HeraldScotland

Khan in London seems no better.

Give local government more power and more control. Allow them to vary business rates and taxation to an extent and to choose the minimum wage in their area. It would be truly transformative.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Morgen gehört mir?
              Genau

Die Welt ist nicht genug
              Last edited by scooterscot; 30 March 2018, 09:55.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I suggest we get rid of all regional assemblies/parliaments and the English mayoral system.

All i can see them doing is posturing, I can't even bring myself to watch or listen any Scottish politics, it is painful stuff. Yesterday was all about 'banning' putting Shetland in box on a map...

Bid to ban maps of Scotland which put Shetland in a box takes step forward | HeraldScotland

Khan in London seems no better.

Give local government more power and more control. Allow them to vary business rates and taxation to an extent and to choose the minimum wage in their area. It would be truly transformative.
                Mayors have very little power unlike the assemblies and Scottish parliament.

So mayors come up with policies e.g. number of social properties per housing development, but only national government can enforce it.

Mayors only tend to have policing and transport under their remit, and even something like transport is split between local councils, the mayor and national government agencies.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Genau

Die Welt ist nicht genug
                  Seine mehr Morgen stirbt nie
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Seine mehr Morgen stirbt nie
                    that makes next to no sense
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

that makes next to no sense
                      It is arch-Brexiteer vetran after all
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X