• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Impact on manufacturing and SMEs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree with woohoo.

Brexit is going really well, as it isn't really happening.

It's a bit like announcing you are going to jump off a cliff and then jumping up and down on top of the cliff and declaring that you've jumped off the cliff.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I think Brexit is going really well.
      The only thing that has so far been agreed on is the end of the transition deal (although even that looks in doubt, again.) Even the transition deal hasn't been agreed on yet...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Is that meant to be reassuring?
        tbh you guys seem to be flagging a bit, just doing my bit to encourage you.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Because we have not invented time travel?

You guys are supposed to be contractors.

How many times do you go into a client to work on a change program and all you get met with is the existing management saying it will never work?

When what they really mean is they have carved a comfy niche for themselves and spent a lot of time and energy get the current systems to where they are now and they can never be made any better?
          The change programmes I manage are based on sound analysis and factual research, not just rabid lies on the side of a bus. Change can be good, but changing for the sake of it rarely is. Think the AOL and TimeWarner merger - big change, didn't quite work out though did it.

Another massive flop of a change was Marconi - it had a cushy number with defence contracts, then the Chairman had this brainwave in 1998 (if memory serves me well) to ditch the cash cow and move into the dot.com boom. And boom is what happened as the company imploded. See, just because someone tells you change is good, doesn't always mean it is - do the numbers and analysis to validate the change. Many didn't in the dot.com boom and many lost out. Same will happen here as the Brexit change is built on a foundation of sand and lies.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Because we have not invented time travel?

You guys are supposed to be contractors.

How many times do you go into a client to work on a change program and all you get met with is the existing management saying it will never work?
            Never. Because I never propose throwing our their existing ERP systems without a proper plan for replacement and migration. If I were to suggest that "trust me, it will all be alright in the end", I would get laughed at too.

Comment

we had a business update a few days ago.

Largest problem raised about brexit was the inability to get cheap eastern European labour on the factory floor.
              Maybe they will get some ffin machines rather than us running round to fix all the feck ups!

Oh Dear.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X