• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We want our Pasties and to eat them too

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long as they keep their hands off our....

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Another delusion of Brits is, that they think foreigners like their pasties.
      Let me shatter that dream for you, no they don't like them, so no difference with the name protected or not.
      Another delusion of Erikur is, he thinks he speaks for all foreigners and their love/hate of pasties (in all their flavours) thereof.
      Let me shatter that dream for you, no you don't, whether you think so or not.
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Anther delusion of Erikur is that he thinks we brits give a fook who wants our pasties or not.....

Comment

Carrs of Bolton....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Anther delusion of Erikur is that he thinks we brits give a fook who wants our pasties or not.....
            Clearly you do else this topic wouldn't exist

Comment

The cornish pasty was originally made with savoury on 1 side and sweet on the other.

The pastry was so thick because you were not supposed to eat, as the pasty was the staple food of the cornish tin miners and often their hands were covered in various 'toxins' and they were not able to wash them so you would eat all of the pasty except the bit you held.

Now you can get crap pasties from various 'The Cornish Pasty Co' vans parked at various service stations and rail stations - or your some greasy limp thing from your local Greggs/Sayers.

But suffice to say

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Another delusion of Brits is, that they think foreigners like their pasties.
                Let me shatter that dream for you, no they don't like them, so no difference with the name protected or not.
                Some of the food counters in the city supermarkets sell a conconction that's rather like a mini-pastie. Great in the morning if you're feeling a little jaded from the night before.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  The cornish pasty was originally made with savoury on 1 side and sweet on the other.

The pastry was so thick because you were not supposed to eat, as the pasty was the staple food of the cornish tin miners and often their hands were covered in various 'toxins' and they were not able to wash them so you would eat all of the pasty except the bit you held.

Now you can get crap pasties from various 'The Cornish Pasty Co' vans parked at various service stations and rail stations - or your some greasy limp thing from your local Greggs/Sayers.

But suffice to say

http://www.carrspasties.co.uk

Comment

Pea wet will still have protected geographical indication status.

Comment

Working...
                    X