• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit BOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Lol. And what do you think will happen when you go and tell a load of welders in Sunderland that their vote has been cancelled if that's perfectly okay, because some people in London are far too clever and important to ever be wrong.
    They still have welders up there? Not replaced them with robots yet? big advantages in that they dont grumble and work 24 x 7.

Your dead right tho, it was a democratic vote and we can argue what the outcome will be until the cows come home, fact is UK voted to leave.

Living in Europe there has never been much debate over Brexit becuase they see it as UK leaving and dont see what needs to be negotiated, last big story I read in a German newspaper was over the amount of money that UK had to pay to leave which seems ages ago now.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      Senior PM for £550 to £700?? isn't that dirt cheap for senior PM?
      you get what you pays for, & £550 gets you a happy Warty! Says it all really.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        you get what you pays for, & £550 gets you a happy Warty! Says it all really.
        Powerpoint Monkeys are as useful as a chocolate teapot IME

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Powerpoint Monkeys are as useful as a chocolate teapot IME
          Ha. Proper PM's do plans in Excel......
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Ha. Proper PM's do plans in Excel......
            Understanding what engineering one is attempting to manage would be a refreshing trend

Comment

Ha. Proper PM's do plans in MS project......
              FTFY

Excel is for amateurs.

You can do Gantt charts in the BI tool if you want!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

FTFY

Excel is for amateurs.

OH! - Great! - that'll solve the technical issues

Comment

FTFY

Excel is for amateurs.

MS Project Did anyone EVER do a project plan in project ?

Did work at one place where they made us use Primavera right enough, so project might have been a better option.

Comment

MS Project Did anyone EVER do a project plan in project ?
                    Not a full project plan, but my parts of it. Drove the PM crazy with his colouring in of excel cells.

I only used it cause I had a legal copy of it. Was great to show him that I was hitting 250% usage based on his plan.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Not a full project plan, but my parts of it. Drove the PM crazy with his colouring in of excel cells.

I only used it cause I had a legal copy of it. Was great to show him that I was hitting 250% usage based on his plan.
                      That's how a proper PM spends his days. Colouring in excel cells for £650 a day.

Crap PM's make lists of tasks and try to get them done on time and in synch. Colouring in is a much greater skill.

Comment

Working...
                      X