• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Humming and Hawing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Secret ballots, so people can vote without fear? I'm sure Putin is totally in favour of those.

You missed this bit

derogatoryhumorous
    an official in a large political organization.

HTH
    Didn't bother reading it, people that hide behind words they have Googled generally aren't that bright.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
      Had to google Apparatchiks
      Didn't bother reading it, people that hide behind words they have Googled generally aren't that bright.
      That does indeed seem to be the case.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        That does indeed seem to be the case.
        Even for a leaver that logic makes no sense
        Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

I assume all those voting for permanent residence elsewhere are excluding the EU?!
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Had to google Apparatchiks and found out that its a member of the Russian communist party.

Dont get angry with your leaders Mordac they will send you to Siberia on a web scraping course for 10 years.

(By the way shouldn't you have spelt Apparatchiks with a capital as it's a name?)
            Thanks for the tip. I wasn't sure, so I went for lower case, therefore I must cart myself off to the gulag for a fortnight or so. Do you think they'll let me watch the world cup?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Use of "your" instead of "you're" is not a grammatical error, you ignoramus. It's a spelling mistake.
              It is grammatically incorrect, therefore it's a grammatical error.

Mordy in "I have a Desmond* in Advanced Pedantry" Mode...

*Technically a lie, it was actually an upper first, but there's no rhyming slang for that...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Hmm, sitting drinking an Italian beer on the shore of Lake Garda having arrived from Spain via Andorra, France, Monacco (invited by Pirelli to drive the F1 circuit) with my German wife to be, in an Italian V8. 1 half Swedish one half French daughter. 2 sisters are now French, I am Spanish, brothers are now Belgian.

Am living the life as trailer trash in Bavaria. Oh, and on the off chance that anything good happens in the UK still have a UK passport. I have a choice unlike the silly ****ers who voted leave.

Enjoy your damp swamp.

And that my dears is my curtain call.

Comment

And. I should have written „and“. I know who the father is.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    Hmm, sitting drinking an Italian beer on the shore of Lake Garda having arrived from Spain via Andorra, France, Monacco (invited by Pirelli to drive the F1 circuit) with my German wife to be, in an Italian V8. 1 half Swedish one half French daughter. 2 sisters are now French, I am Spanish, brothers are now Belgian.

Am living the life as trailer trash in Bavaria. Oh, and on the off chance that anything good happens in the UK still have a UK passport. I have a choice unlike the silly ****ers who voted leave.

Enjoy your damp swamp.

And that my dears is my curtain call.
                    If you’d said Belgian beer instead of Italian I’d be quite envious ;-j

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      If you’d said Belgian beer instead of Italian I’d be quite envious ;-j
                      Fair enough. That is on Sunday though.

Comment

Working...
                      X