The Brexit effect The Brexit effect
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,497

    Default The Brexit effect

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44404036

    Severe staff shortages are leading to rapidly rising starting salaries for those moving into new jobs, according to new research.

    Employers are paying more "to attract the right people", the Recruitment and Employment Confederation said.

    Salaries for workers moving into new permanent roles rose at their fastest rate for three years in May, the REC found.

    Pay for workers moving into temporary jobs also continued to rise.
    Or is it "because we are still in the EU" that the UK is booming?

    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  2. #2

    Better than AtW


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44404036



    Or is it "because we are still in the EU" that the UK is booming?

    Damn! Soon contractors and permies in the UK will be millionaires driving Bentleys, leaving us poor expats with egg on our face in our Fiats.
    Or not.
    Hard Brexit now!

    "In economics, things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could."

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44404036



    Or is it "because we are still in the EU" that the UK is booming?


    Starting salaries, not salaries, so anyone who already has a job will be listening to a sob story from the manager how he has to pay foreigners coming in extortionate starting salaries so would you mind forgoing your bonus this year.

    I'm alright Jack

  4. #4

    Fingers like lightning

    motoukenin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Damn! Soon contractors and permies in the UK will be millionaires driving Bentleys, leaving us poor expats with egg on our face in our Fiats.
    Or not.
    Humor him he just made minimum wage
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

  5. #5

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44404036



    Or is it "because we are still in the EU" that the UK is booming?

    It’s about time, only a few more booming years and you might be catching up with the rest of the world...


  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    It’s about time, only a few more booming years and you might be catching up with the rest of the world...

    is that because all the Portuguese are over here?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,963

    Default

    Brace yourselves.....


    Shock plunge in UK manufacturing, Landrover moves production to Slovakia

    Manufacturing sector's growth slumps 1.4pc in April, sharpest plunge since 2012
    This is it....
    I'm alright Jack

  8. #8

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    That's nothing to do with Brexit and they are an Indian firm anyway so good riddance to the foreigners. (isn't that what Farage & his fan club on here would say?)
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  9. #9

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    is that because all the Portuguese are over here?
    I thought it was the Poles and Eastern Europeans who were over here? I must listen more closely to you Brexiters as I can't recall now who is over here and who we want to go home. Didn't realise it was the Portuguese, but if you say so then let me just change me placard.
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    I thought it was the Poles and Eastern Europeans who were over here? I must listen more closely to you Brexiters as I can't recall now who is over here and who we want to go home. Didn't realise it was the Portuguese, but if you say so then let me just change me placard.
    bit of a private joke, a third of the IT team are Portuguese here, we do dilute it with First & second generation Indian & Jamaican immigrants. They are all really nice people but it does rather explain why the wages in IT don't rise and UK nationals don't bother studying IT.

    There are a few Brits as well.

    We don't talk about the offshore teams , they are hard work!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •