• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Brexit effect

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brexit effect

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44404036

Severe staff shortages are leading to rapidly rising starting salaries for those moving into new jobs, according to new research.

Employers are paying more "to attract the right people", the Recruitment and Employment Confederation said.

Salaries for workers moving into new permanent roles rose at their fastest rate for three years in May, the REC found.

Pay for workers moving into temporary jobs also continued to rise.
    Or is it "because we are still in the EU" that the UK is booming?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Damn! Soon contractors and permies in the UK will be millionaires driving Bentleys, leaving us poor expats with egg on our face in our Fiats.
    Or not.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Starting salaries, not salaries, so anyone who already has a job will be listening to a sob story from the manager how he has to pay foreigners coming in extortionate starting salaries so would you mind forgoing your bonus this year.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Damn! Soon contractors and permies in the UK will be millionaires driving Bentleys, leaving us poor expats with egg on our face in our Fiats.
        Or not.
        Humor him he just made minimum wage
        Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

It’s about time, only a few more booming years and you might be catching up with the rest of the world...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            It’s about time, only a few more booming years and you might be catching up with the rest of the world...

is that because all the Portuguese are over here?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Brace yourselves.....

Shock plunge in UK manufacturing, Landrover moves production to Slovakia

Manufacturing sector's growth slumps 1.4pc in April, sharpest plunge since 2012
              This is it....
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                That's nothing to do with Brexit and they are an Indian firm anyway so good riddance to the foreigners. (isn't that what Farage & his fan club on here would say?)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  is that because all the Portuguese are over here?
                  I thought it was the Poles and Eastern Europeans who were over here? I must listen more closely to you Brexiters as I can't recall now who is over here and who we want to go home. Didn't realise it was the Portuguese, but if you say so then let me just change me placard.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    I thought it was the Poles and Eastern Europeans who were over here? I must listen more closely to you Brexiters as I can't recall now who is over here and who we want to go home. Didn't realise it was the Portuguese, but if you say so then let me just change me placard.
                    bit of a private joke, a third of the IT team are Portuguese here, we do dilute it with First & second generation Indian & Jamaican immigrants. They are all really nice people but it does rather explain why the wages in IT don't rise and UK nationals don't bother studying IT.

There are a few Brits as well.

We don't talk about the offshore teams , they are hard work!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X