• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May loses key Brexit votes and faces leadership challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Does anyone care about sexuality these days? Mind you I suspect most " jack waving, land of hope and glory singing, Nazi saluting, middle England Brexit voters", if they are indeed bothered, preferring a "Lesbo"...
    Supporting a 'Lesbo' to lead your party and your country is not the same as owing a 'Lesbo DVD collection'. I'm sure JRM and the rest of the forward thinking hierarchy of the UK Tory party would welcome Ruth with open arms
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      You're the one who suggested her as a Tory leader and PM.

There's a couple of hurdles in the way of that happening, not least that she's thick as tulip and doesn't have a seat.

Can you see your jack waving, land of hope and glory singing, Nazi saluting, middle England Brexit voter wanting their party led by a Pro EU Lesbo ?
      Try to read the actual text in front of you. I said post-Brexit. Before Brexit, no chance. Yes, there are obviously hurdles to her securing a safe seat at the appropriate time, but I'd venture that Nicholas Soames might be willing to step down, for example. Had you read what I wrote, you'd also note my caveat about the party membership.

Nevertheless, if you look at recent ConHome polling of party membership, she's regularly first or second among party members (~70% approval IIRC). She's about the most consistent performer of all candidates and has been for some time. Credibility counts for a lot when the competition is so weak. Still, I doubt the wider membership are paying all that much attention. Most of them couldn't pick RD out of a line up of their nursing staff, probably. Still, she is popular.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Oh ok then.

Still no answer?
        I've given you your answer dumbkopf.
        Boris, Fox, Davies or JRM should take over.
        And give all of us with no skin in the game a good laugh.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I've given you your answer dumbkopf.
          Boris, Fox, Davies or JRM should take over.
          And give all of us with no skin in the game a good laugh.
          Are you still here?

Do you not have a home to go to?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            You’re not too familiar with US politics, are you?
            So which of the other GOP or Dem primary candidates would have been worse? Even Ben Carson would have been better.

Comment

Are you still here?

Do you not have a home to go to?
              Tell you what....why don't you fook orf and come back when you're a contractor.
              I know it can be misleading on here sometimes, but this wasn't really meant to be a forum for special-needs adults.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                So which of the other GOP or Dem primary candidates would have been worse? Even Ben Carson would have been better.
                That's quite a dramatic narrowing of your earlier statement. From "anyone in US politics" to twenty or so primary candidates.

Still, to answer your second, and entirely different, question, that's easy: either Ted Cruz or Rand Paul. Among many other things, you would've seen a permanent gov't shutdown on the domestic front and totally fecked up international policies, where the President actually has some leverage. Trump is a moron, but he's somewhat pragmatic. Cruz and Paul are entirely faith based.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Her pathetic weakness and inability to make decisions is almost a strength. There are too few rebels on either side that are willing to nail her jelly to the wall until it has set a little more
                  Your underestimation of the darkside will be your undoing.

Comment

Oh ok then.

Still no answer?
                    I'd like to see one of the cowards who are happy to push others to deliver Brexit but not men enough to stand up to lead themselves. I'd love to see JRM, Bojo or Davis lead the Tories - they'd be destroyed in no time at all. They know there is no positive Brexit solution, hence why they're not willing to put themselves up for leadership before Brexit fails. Then they will all come crowing that, had they been in charge things would be different and [I]they[I] would have delivered the people's Brexit.

Bojo backed Brexit as he never expected there to be enough Brexidiot voters to win the vote. He was hoping for a close Remain win, then he could have challenged Cameron for leadership. As soon as Brexit vote won there was no way he wanted the PM slot, and neither did any of the other leading Brexiters. May's biggest mistake was thinking she could deliver the impossible.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X