• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-migrants/amp/

The UK population is growing at its slowest rate in 14 years because Brexit means fewer EU migrants are arriving here without a job, ONS figures show.

The data shows that the population hit 66 million for the first time in mid-2017 but is growing at a rate of 0.6 per cent, the lowest since mid-2004.

Next step, Johnny Foreigners pack up and leave in their millions.

Brexit works.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Brexit works.
    And the Brexidiots cry foul when it's pointed that they are xenophobes, and Brexit has racist undertones.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      And the Brexidiots cry foul when it's pointed that they are xenophobes, and Brexit has racist undertones.
      Them is the leftie liberal brexidiots.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Brexit works.
        I don't suppose there'll suddenly be any demand for VB3 skills though. Sorry.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I don't suppose there'll suddenly be any demand for VB3 skills though. Sorry.
          I upskiiled to VB6 you fecking moron.

Comment

Population growth drops from 330,000 to 300,000. The big drop in EU migrants has been compensated by a massive increase in non-EU migrants.

Now back to levels as they were under Labour, when everyone was moaning about it in 2004.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Population growth drops from 330,000 to 300,000. The big drop in EU migrants has been compensated by a massive increase in non-EU migrants.

Now back to levels as they were under Labour, when everyone was moaning about it in 2004.

Moaning was much better back then.

Comment

So it's ok to bring in 'workers' to the tune of a city the size of Newcastle every year? And then complain the NHS doesn't have enough money, we don't have enough houses and the wellfair bill is increasing despite the fact we have the largest employed workforce for decades?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  So it's ok to bring in 'workers' to the tune of a city the size of Newcastle every year? And then complain the NHS doesn't have enough money, we don't have enough houses and the wellfair bill is increasing despite the fact we have the largest employed workforce for decades?
                  Unless it’s an intracompany transfer, the U.K. doest “bring in” workers. If they are non-EU they apply for visas which the Home Office approves, and if they are EU then they come in under FoM.

Both visas and FoM have rules that the government may or may not choose to implement. The government has control available over who to let in, for how long, for what purpose, and to ensure that migrants can support themselves.

For non-EU an NHS surcharge is applied to the visa payment. For non-settled EU there is a charge back available with the EHIC card.

This is leaving out the fact the migrants pay tax too. If the NHS doesn’t have enough money, then where are our taxes going to?

For welfare, the largest proportion of this is for pensions. Our population is getting older. You could always halt immigration and just increase taxes to cover this?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    Absolutely.....

The UK is only about halfway up the immigration league of OECD countries.

Interestingly in Germany after mass immigration I don't see any problem in the health service.

The question you need to ask yourself is would you expect the supermarkets to run out of food ? if not why not ?

That might help you to understand how immigration and an economy works.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 29 June 2018, 10:29.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X