• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump: Brexit plan 'will probably kill' US trade deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump: Brexit plan 'will probably kill' US trade deal

Which would you choose? Free trade with 27 EU members or one bucket load of chlorinated chicken shipped across the Atlantic?

Who the hell does he think he is? This level of interference is a conflict of interest at best, bullying at worst.

May, I know you're not capable of growing a pair, but please tell him to £$££@ off.

Donald Trump has said the UK will "probably not" get a trade deal with the US, if the prime minister's Brexit plan goes ahead.
    He told The Sun the PM's plan would "probably kill the deal" as it would mean the US "would be dealing with the European Union" instead of with the UK.
    Downing Street has not yet reacted to Mr Trump's remarks.
    Theresa May has been making the case for a US free trade deal with Mr Trump, on his first UK visit as president.
    She said Brexit was an "opportunity" to create growth in the UK and US.
    Mr Trump also said that former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson would make a "great prime minister", adding "I think he's got what it takes".
    In his interview, he renewed his criticism of London Mayor Sadiq Khan over last year's terror attacks in the capital, saying he had done "a terrible job".
    The president and his wife were given a red carpet reception at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire on Thursday evening.
    They were at a black-tie dinner with Mrs May as news broke of his interview with the newspaper, which said it was conducted while he was in Brussels.
    After it was published, White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said the president "likes and respects Prime Minister May very much", adding that he had "never said anything bad about her".
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44815558#
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

A Trump deal would ensure the UK as a dumping ground for US goods diverted from China's tariffs.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Wonder what the gammons make of Trumps interference in internal British politics after they were all so "outraged" after Obama openly supported remain

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Wonder what the gammons make of Trumps interference in internal British politics after they were all so "outraged" after Obama openly supported remain
        I think it was Rees Mogg on R4 this morning ( feel free to correct) who declared that it was totally different because it wasn't an election, and that Trump was well within his rights to make those points.

To be fair, I think he's done Remainers a favour. How about we stop this pretence that we're getting anything good out of this tulip show?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          To be fair, I think he's done Remainers a favour. How about we stop this pretence that we're getting anything good out of this tulip show?
          turning out that way - Mummy and Daddy are having an argument and we the children are hiding in the cupboard.

Feck, how did the UK end up in the gwd awful position.

Good read, or sad take your pick, truth be told he's Cameron's right hand man when it comes to the state of things. Is St Helena still open for business?

Boris Johnson Has Ruined Britain
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Obama - comments BEFORE a major vote by the public
            Trump - comments AFTER a major vote by the public

Do you see a difference?

I do, so I believe the gammons won't be outraged.

HTH BIDI
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Do you see a difference?

HTH BIDI
              Yeah, one gives you the facts before you sell your soul. The other tries to force your hand into a position of weakness which can be exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Yeah, one gives you the facts before you sell your soul. The other tries to force your hand into a position of weakness which can be exploited.
                They are both interference though, aren't they?
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Do you see a difference?

HTH BIDI
                  Obama before the referendum
                  Trump before negotiation with parliament and the EU

Yes I see a difference, but it's still interfering in domestic politics trying to influence it, so I don't see why gammons aren't boiling red of outrageousness at the moment

Comment

They are both interference though, aren't they?
                    Absolutely, and they both displayed how pathetic our position is. However, Obama was seen as "Anti-Brexit", hence his lambasting in the press. Trump should also be seen as Anti-Brexit, but it's actually being displayed as "Anti May's Proposal" so that it aligns nicely with the MP's who want her to crash.

Comment

Working...
                    X