• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any UK Contractors in the EU expecting Brexit pain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Will you renounce your Scottish (British) citizenship, once the UK leaves?
    You're not a contractor contracting in the rest of the EU, I doubt you even have a passport (as that would be photo ID), why do you persist in posting on threads that you know nothing about?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I'm assuming you're not a contractor contracting in the rest of the EU; I doubt you even have a passport (as that would be photo ID). Why do you persist in posting on threads that you know nothing about?
      ftfy

Calm down dear.

Now, what exactly seems to be your problem with my post?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nationality_law
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

ftfy
        I wasn't making an assumption.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I wasn't making an assumption.
          I've never stated where I work, so elaborate.

No response to my question?
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

ftfy

Calm down dear.

Now, what exactly seems to be your problem with my post?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nationality_law
            We’re still in the EU.

Citizens of other EU countries and of Switzerland usually can keep their old citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              We’re still in the EU.
              Will you renounce your Scottish (British) citizenship, once the UK leaves?
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

And what does your link have to say about that?

Comment

You're not a contractor contracting in the rest of the EU, I doubt you even have a passport (as that would be photo ID), why do you persist in posting on threads that you know nothing about?
                  It's never stopped NAT
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    And what does your link have to say about that?
                    "1.If the other citizenship is that of another EU country or of Switzerland. Non-EU and non-Swiss citizens must usually renounce their old citizenship if they want to become German citizens. There are exceptions made for citizens of countries that do not allow their citizens to renounce their citizenship (e.g., Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica. P.S.: In case of Brazil it is possible to renounce your citizenship through a requirement made in the Brazilian consulate if you already have acquired another citizenship voluntarily, but it is not required to do so; the following jus-soli countries allow renunciation only if the citizenship was acquired involuntarily by birth there to non-citizen parents: Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Uruguay), or if the renunciation process is too difficult, humiliating or expensive (e.g., Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Cuba, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, USA), or, rarely, in individual cases if the renunciation of the old citizenship means enormous disadvantages for the concerned person."

I've tried to help you as much as possible. It's up to you know, as I feel I have justified the question to scoots.

Now, scoots can choose not to answer the question - but it appears valid and pertinent to the thread.

WTFH could also be more specific, in what is wrong with my posting that on this thread.

Still, no holding of breath.
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

"1.If the other citizenship is that of another EU country or of Switzerland. Non-EU and non-Swiss citizens must usually renounce their old citizenship if they want to become German citizens. There are exceptions made for citizens of countries that do not allow their citizens to renounce their citizenship (e.g., Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica. P.S.: In case of Brazil it is possible to renounce your citizenship through a requirement made in the Brazilian consulate if you already have acquired another citizenship voluntarily, but it is not required to do so; the following jus-soli countries allow renunciation only if the citizenship was acquired involuntarily by birth there to non-citizen parents: Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Uruguay), or if the renunciation process is too difficult, humiliating or expensive (e.g., Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Cuba, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, USA), or, rarely, in individual cases if the renunciation of the old citizenship means enormous disadvantages for the concerned person."

I've tried to help you as much as possible. It's up to you know, as I feel I have justified the question to scoots.

Now, scoots can choose not to answer the question - but it appears valid and pertinent to the thread.

WTFH could also be more specific, in what is wrong with my posting that on this thread.

Still, no holding of breath.
                      If they are non-EU, and if they want to become DE citizens. Your post might have some validity after March 2019, but under current circumstances it is not.

The reason there is nothing in your link for the current circumstances is that a country leaving the EU has not happened yet, and any indication of what the rules will be after March 2019 has not been set yet and would be speculation only.

What we are left with is your attempt to start an argument without the relevant facts (again), for no other apparent purpose than to start an argument.

Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                      X