• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do not judge Brexiteers by their words, judge them by their actions.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    - Jacob Rees-Mogg - setting up funds in Ireland to maintain access to the EU for his wealthy investment class mates.

- John Redwood - Advising investors to get their cash out of Britain before the Brexit crash, whilst simultaneously propagandising in favour of "no deal" Brexit in The S*n.

- Nigel Lawson - Applying for French residency so that he can maintain the personal benefits of Free Movement, while the British public lose theirs.

- Michael Ashcroft - Promoting Malta as a great destination for investors to move their cash when the Brexit meltdown hits.

- Nigel Farage - Bagging German passports for his kids so that they can continue to benefit from Free Movement while millions of British kids lose the travel/work/study opportunities that it provides.

- And now Jim Ratcliffe (Brexiteer and Britain's richest man) leaving the UK to set himself up in the tax haven of Monaco.
    If I was worth £20bn, I'd be very tempted to do the same, rather than give three-quarters of it to Komrade Korbyn who will spend it all on lesbians.

PS - I voted Leave, but I have a Euro account; I should be on your list, surely?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I regularly holiday in Europe - and I also voted leave.

Oh wait - we did not vote to leave Europe - we voted to get rid of the politicians

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        we did not vote to leave Europe - we voted to get rid of the politicians
        Is that why the politicians who lied there way into getting you to vote leave are now in the background, you succeeded in getting rid of Boris Johnson from the cabinet.

But that wasn't an option on the voting card. It did not say anything about getting rid of politicians, it said:
        Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?
        With the options:

Remain a member of the European Union
        Leave the European Union
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh wait - we did not vote to leave Europe - we voted to get rid of the politicians

.... and to leave Euratom, and Erasmus, and Galileo, and 700+ trade and trade facilitation agreements, and your freedom to work and live freely in 27 other countries, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            .... and to leave Euratom, and Erasmus, and Galileo, and 700+ trade and trade facilitation agreements, and your freedom to work and live freely in 27 other countries, etc etc.
            It was all in a small print

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It was all in a small print
              On the side of a bus.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                .... freedom to work and live freely in 27 other countries, etc etc.
                To be fair to OPM or Mordac that was hardly a consideration for them, since their poor education and skills mean they're barely able to hold down a crap job in the UK , let alone any other country.
                Last edited by sasguru; 10 August 2018, 10:13.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  To be fair to OPM or Mordac that was hardly a consideration for them, since their poor education and skills mean they're barely able to hold down a crap job in the UK , let alone any other country.
                  The irony of complaining that removing freedom of movement means that movement is no longer free....

Comment

You might need visa after a no deal brexit
                    And you still have politicians, you will never get rid of them unless a one man dictatorship will be established under Fuehrer JRM or JoBo

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      toilet cleaners are in short supply in every EU country he may get a special skill visa

Comment

Working...
                      X