UK is booming just 7 months before we leave the EU UK is booming just 7 months before we leave the EU
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,215

    Default UK is booming just 7 months before we leave the EU

    So much for the doom and gloom, as we approach leave date we have:

    Record employment levels

    https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...ch-to-may-2018

    The employment rate (the proportion of people aged from 16 to 64 years who were in work) was 75.7%, higher than for a year earlier (74.9%) and the highest since comparable records began in 1971.

    The unemployment rate (the number of unemployed people as a proportion of all employed and unemployed people) was 4.2%, down from 4.5% for a year earlier and the joint lowest since 1975.



    Lowest rate of house repossessions

    https://www.ftadviser.com/mortgages/...-historic-low/

    The latest mortgage arrears and possessions update from UK Finance showed 76,740 homeowner mortgages were in arrears of 2.5 per cent or more of the outstanding balance - 8 per cent fewer than the same point last year.

    Within the figures for the second quarter of this year, 23,190 mortgages were in arrears representing 10 per cent or more of the outstanding balance and there were 4,440 buy-to-let mortgages in arrears of 2.5 per cent or more - both reductions on last year’s levels.

    Possession levels also dropped, with 1,060 homeowner mortgaged properties and 520 buy-to-let mortgaged properties repossessed in the second quarter of this year - down 5 per cent and 24 per cent respectively on the same quarter in 2017.



    GDP rising

    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...92030?mode=amp

    UK economic growth rebounded in the second quarter as retail sales and construction benefited from a warm weather boost.

    The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 0.4 per cent between April and June, compared to the first three months of the year.


    The news is getting better and better as we approach Freedom Day.

    Last edited by DimPrawn; 11th August 2018 at 12:01.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  2. #2

    Fingers like lightning

    motoukenin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So much for the doom and gloom, as we approach leave date we have:

    Record employment levels

    https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...ch-to-may-2018

    The employment rate (the proportion of people aged from 16 to 64 years who were in work) was 75.7%, higher than for a year earlier (74.9%) and the highest since comparable records began in 1971.

    The unemployment rate (the number of unemployed people as a proportion of all employed and unemployed people) was 4.2%, down from 4.5% for a year earlier and the joint lowest since 1975.



    Lowest rate of house repossessions

    https://www.ftadviser.com/mortgages/...-historic-low/

    The latest mortgage arrears and possessions update from UK Finance showed 76,740 homeowner mortgages were in arrears of 2.5 per cent or more of the outstanding balance - 8 per cent fewer than the same point last year.

    Within the figures for the second quarter of this year, 23,190 mortgages were in arrears representing 10 per cent or more of the outstanding balance and there were 4,440 buy-to-let mortgages in arrears of 2.5 per cent or more - both reductions on last year’s levels.

    Possession levels also dropped, with 1,060 homeowner mortgaged properties and 520 buy-to-let mortgaged properties repossessed in the second quarter of this year - down 5 per cent and 24 per cent respectively on the same quarter in 2017.



    GDP rising

    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...92030?mode=amp

    UK economic growth rebounded in the second quarter as retail sales and construction benefited from a warm weather boost.

    The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 0.4 per cent between April and June, compared to the first three months of the year.


    The news is getting better and better as we approach Freedom Day.

    Just letting you know that remainers will be a shoulder to cry on when reality hits you after Freedom Day.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motoukenin View Post
    Just letting you know that remainers will be a shoulder to cry on when reality hits you after Freedom Day.
    Tears of joy.

  4. #4

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,814

    Default UK is booming just 7 months before we leave the EU

    Employment?
    The number of people in employment in the UK is measured by the Labour Force Survey (LFS) and consists of people aged 16 and over who did one hour or more of paid work per week
    Repossessions stable since 2015. Would be surprising if they had risen, given the historically low interest rates.

    GDP growth of 0.4%? That compares favourably to Q1, how does it compare to the rest of the G7?

    Otherwise, it all looks rosy! Makes me wonder why the north of England voted to leave, if we’re doing so well.....

  5. #5

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    50,278

    Default

    How is GDP doing when normalised in dollars?

    I reckon 5% drop at a minimum, 20% since the vote, pretty impressive job ******* over the economy

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,310

    Default

    That's good, Brexit will be a success....oh hang on !

    Polls show support for a second referendum increasing

    I'm alright Jack

  8. #8

    Better than AtW


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So much for the doom and gloom, as we approach leave date we have:

    Record employment levels

    https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...ch-to-may-2018

    The employment rate (the proportion of people aged from 16 to 64 years who were in work) was 75.7%, higher than for a year earlier (74.9%) and the highest since comparable records began in 1971.

    The unemployment rate (the number of unemployed people as a proportion of all employed and unemployed people) was 4.2%, down from 4.5% for a year earlier and the joint lowest since 1975.



    Lowest rate of house repossessions

    https://www.ftadviser.com/mortgages/...-historic-low/

    The latest mortgage arrears and possessions update from UK Finance showed 76,740 homeowner mortgages were in arrears of 2.5 per cent or more of the outstanding balance - 8 per cent fewer than the same point last year.

    Within the figures for the second quarter of this year, 23,190 mortgages were in arrears representing 10 per cent or more of the outstanding balance and there were 4,440 buy-to-let mortgages in arrears of 2.5 per cent or more - both reductions on last year’s levels.

    Possession levels also dropped, with 1,060 homeowner mortgaged properties and 520 buy-to-let mortgaged properties repossessed in the second quarter of this year - down 5 per cent and 24 per cent respectively on the same quarter in 2017.



    GDP rising

    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...92030?mode=amp

    UK economic growth rebounded in the second quarter as retail sales and construction benefited from a warm weather boost.

    The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 0.4 per cent between April and June, compared to the first three months of the year.


    The news is getting better and better as we approach Freedom Day.


    Rising employment with no accompanying rise in productivity or wages = Companies not investing in plant and machinery and throwing bods into it while they wait for what Brexit brings

    Growth of 0.4% between April and June = Add the 0.2% for the 1st quarter and if the second half of the year is similar to the first, projected growth for the year = 1.2%. Terrible.

    But we know you're a bit dim, so don't expect you to do numbers or analysis.
    Hard Brexit now!

    "In economics, things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could."

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Rising employment with no accompanying rise in productivity or wages = Companies not investing in plant and machinery and throwing bods into it while they wait for what Brexit brings

    Growth of 0.4% between April and June = Add the 0.2% for the 1st quarter and if the second half of the year is similar to the first, projected growth for the year = 1.2%. Terrible.

    But we know you're a bit dim, so don't expect you to do numbers or analysis.
    It's a bit like a closing down sale where the shop buzzes with life just before it shuts, basically manufacturers opening the throttle and running the machinery into the ground before they shut it all down.

    I'm alright Jack

  10. #10

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    11,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It's a bit like a closing down sale where the shop buzzes with life just before it shuts, basically manufacturers opening the throttle and running the machinery into the ground before they shut it all down.

    Iiii will do not let the door hit your arse on the way out.

    But don't touch the light switch though we'll manage fine without you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •