• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companies in Brexit 'supply shock' as fewer EU citizens come to UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Like all Brexiters you have delusions of adequacy.
    You're the reactive one, hoping against hope that Brexit turns out well because otherwise you have no options.
    I, on the other hand, am proactive and have arranged things so that it doesn't matter to me either way.

I wish you a good, hard Brexit.
    For something that does not matter to you, you don't half go on about it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      For something that does not matter to you, you don't half go on about it.
      It's providing loads of laughs. And the schadenfreude is delicious .
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Why not, because I'm not Polish? Is it not about Dutch EU immigrants as well?
        No - the point I was trying to make is that on here so many people are trying to justify why we should stay (or leave) based on their own very niche and unique experiences.

For example you say

"As an EU immigrant I can tell you my daily rate is higher then average"

Does that apply to a lot of EU immigrants?
        What about those not from the EU?
        Is your rate of pay higher than the local populations?

You are effectively saying - "because everything is ok for me it should not change" - but what you are not seeing is that it could be very very bad for a lot of people and a small change would not really affect you but could make a large difference to a lot of other people.

But you would always resent that change.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          but what you are not seeing is that it could be very very bad for a lot of people and a small change would not really affect you but could make a large difference to a lot of other people.
          What you dim-wits don't see is that change is coming alright. Change to make you all considerable poorer.

When that happens I hope you Brexiters at least have the grace to blame yourselves for your poor decision-making.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

What you dim-wits don't see is that change is coming alright. Change to make you all considerable poorer.

When that happens I hope you Brexiters at least have the grace to blame yourselves for your poor decision-making.
            Nah, the good ol' "It's the EU fault" excuse will be good for at least another decade or two after Brexit.

Comment

The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) said the number of applicants per vacancy had fallen since last summer across all levels of skilled jobs, and said shortages were forcing many companies to raise wages.

Holy tulip, cancel Brexit! It is causing wages to rise!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Wages going up -> companies going bust -> people out of job -> prices increased -> people got less money in pockets -> BoE rates up to calm wage inflation -> higher mortgage/rent costs etc

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Wages going up -> companies going bust -> people out of job -> prices increased -> people got less money in pockets -> BoE rates up to calm wage inflation -> higher mortgage/rent costs etc
                  So by your "logic", companies should slash wages...everyone wins with lower and lower incomes.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Bet your wages haven't risen
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm a scared penniless loser obsessed with Brexit
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X