• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasoned and intelligent discussion on Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WOW!

VB6 is the next KOBOL...
    Yep almost two jobs in the UK paying £35k pa there.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Yep almost two jobs in the UK paying £35k pa there.
      Pretty good money for some drag and drop action. Which reminds me Brillo and his ex-wife...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Pretty good money for some drag and drop action. Which reminds me Brillo and his ex-wife...
        Which one?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

My take on where we are:

1. The campaign on both sides was pathetic
          2. This govt under Mrs May is weak and pathetic
          3. Expecting another referendum when we have triggered Article 50 and we leave in 7 months time is pathetic
          4. The scare mongering speculative dystopic predictions are pathetic

Well before the referendum, the UK was a debt ridden, low productivity, over populated, under invested 3rd World country, living on borrowed time. Brexit is unplugging the last of the life support machines and seeing what happens to the sick man of Europe.

Well there you go, I finally agree with you.
          At least you don't have the usual Brexiter delusions.
          It's top class entertainment, watching a country commit ritual harakiri though
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Would that even be possible on this god forsaken sub-forum?
            It’s not possible. Nor is any form of deal.

We need to head forwards with no deal and get bilateral core agreements in place for transport, trade, security - at the eleventh hour to midnight.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

We need to head forwards with no deal and get bilateral core agreements in place for transport, trade, security - at the eleventh hour to midnight.
              Yeah seeing as those usually take years, this sort of comment is exactly why we know Brexiters are thick as mince.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

My gut feel is there will be an eleventh hour capitulation by Mays govt to the EU with the softest Brexit imaginable. The pound will rocket when it is announced. It will basically be "staying in the EU" in all but name.

Comment

My gut feel is there will be an eleventh hour capitulation by Mays govt to the EU with the softest Brexit imaginable. The pound will rocket when it is announced. It will basically be "staying in the EU" in all but name.
                  I need to have a lie down, I agree with you again.
                  In their heart of hearts all but the thickest Bexiters are hoping this is what happens.
                  There isn't a viable alternative.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just so long as we do not have to listen to or pay for their politicians.

Comment

Look on the Bright Side

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Just so long as we do not have to listen to or pay for their politicians.
                      You'll have to pay (like Norway). And you'll have to do exactly what you're told (like Norway).

The Good News is you won't have to worry your pretty head about influencing any decisions. laws etc. The EU will look after all that for you. What's not to like?
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X