• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasoned and intelligent discussion on Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    You'll have to pay (like Norway). And you'll have to do exactly what you're told (like Norway).

The Good News is you won't have to worry your pretty head about influencing any decisions. laws etc. The EU will look after all that for you. What's not to like?
    The EU is like a self driving car. Sit back relax and enjoy the journey!

The downside is you have no say on when and where the car takes you.

Comment

You'll have to pay (like Norway). And you'll have to do exactly what you're told (like Norway).

The Good News is you won't have to worry your pretty head about influencing any decisions. laws etc. The EU will look after all that for you. What's not to like?
      No we won't because they cannot enforce it.

You potentially misunderstand the lengths a large number of people will go to throw of the yoke of tyranny.

Probably.

Comment

If there was a Nobel Prize for Self Delusion, I'd nominate you.

Originally posted by original PM View Post

You potentially misunderstand the lengths a large number of people will go to throw of the yoke of tyranny.
        In over 40 years the 'large number of people' did nothing apart from put an X on a ballot paper issued by a pathologically stupid twat called Dave. Guess how much they'll do in the next 40 years.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Probably.
          I don't think you realise what tyranny is, you lickle snowflake.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Probably.
            Yes, they can and they do...tough ******* tulip

As for tyranny, you'll get that if a hard Brexit comes about
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Yes, they can and they do...tough ******* tulip

As for tyranny, you'll get that if a hard Brexit comes about

really again??

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                My gut feel is there will be an eleventh hour capitulation by Mays govt to the EU with the softest Brexit imaginable. The pound will rocket when it is announced. It will basically be "staying in the EU" in all but name.
                I used to think this but I don’t see a (transition) deal reached due to red lines on both sides; and I don’t see a full on crash out either - I see some emergency bilateral policy to keep planes flying, trucks rolling, security, trade etc.

This will imho be the best brexit outcome for both sides - it honours red lines - and keeps our nation’s operating reasonably smoothly with one another. Regarding Northern Ireland; an open border will remain in place BIND.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  I used to think this but I don’t see a (transition) deal reached due to red lines on both sides; and I don’t see a full on crash out either - I see some emergency bilateral policy to keep planes flying, trucks rolling, security, trade etc.

This will imho be the best brexit outcome for both sides - it honours red lines - and keeps our nation’s operating reasonably smoothly with one another. Regarding Northern Ireland; an open border will remain in place BIND.
                  "Bilateral" is usually used when referring to 2 countries. So we'd have to have deals with every single EU country separately, which isn't feasible in any time frame.
                  If you're using "bilateral" to refer to the UK and the EU, then that "bilateral policy", as you call it, if it came to exist, amounts to the same thing as a "transitional deal" between the UK and the EU.

Doh!
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm Happy with BRINO. It's not as good, but it'll have to do.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    The EU is like a self driving car. Sit back relax and enjoy the journey!

The downside is you have no say on when and where the car takes you.
                    Brexiteers will hate it ("I can't stand people telling me I can't buy halogen bulbs after this month"). However the EU vehicle is being steered by 27 of the best and most UK-like countries in the world. We won't have a say but I don't have a say on which airways the pilot is flying when I go on holiday to Lanzarote. I'm comfortable he's taking an entirely sensible route, and I'm sure they will.
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Brexiteers will hate it ("I can't stand people telling me I can't buy halogen bulbs after this month"). However the EU vehicle is being steered by 27 of the best and most UK-like countries in the world. We won't have a say but I don't have a say on which airways the pilot is flying when I go on holiday to Lanzarote. I'm comfortable he's taking an entirely sensible route, and I'm sure they will.
                      I am comfortable the people steering the vehicle will take a route which ensure's their own personal wealth and safety.

I do not think they could give a flying fook about any other human being.

Comment

Working...
                      X