• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this Will of the People?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    We’ll move on when I say move on, Mr Pink!
    Where's the "Official:Is this Will of the People?" thread? This is but a pale imitation!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      By which you mean everyone who voted leave.

We are all in this together - why don't you move on and get a life?
      No, I don't believe that everyone who voted to leave is an idiot, or that they voted to leave because they wanted to break every single tie with the EU, all regulatory authorities, all cooperation, etc.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        No, I don't believe that everyone who voted to leave is an idiot, or that they voted to leave because they wanted to break every single tie with the EU, all regulatory authorities, all cooperation, etc.
        However you did refer to the less intelligent on here. Which is all posters.

I once believed CUK was where the intellectual cream of the contracting world came together for serious intellectual debate.

The only sign I ever saw of coming together was Xeno and AP on webcam.

And yo mamma is fat.....

Comment

I once believed CUK was where the intellectual cream of the contracting world came together for serious intellectual debate.

The only sign I ever saw of coming together was Xeno and AP on webcam.

And yo mamma is fat.....
          That was a bloody good Thread!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

When you ask the less intelligent on here
            we all know cojack is the only intelligent MOD, don't judge us all by your peers!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No it's not.
              Of all the posters on here, some will be more intelligent than others. Some will be less intelligent than others.
              Of all the people who post on this forum who voted for Brexit, some will be more intelligent and some will be less intelligent.

The more intelligent ones have at times entered into debate on here, making valid points, providing factual evidence, discussing ideas, accepting other points of view even if they don't agree with them.
              The less intelligent like the use of smilies, twisting words, providing links to newspapers, and if someone disagrees with them they change the subject. Of those, when asked about the Ireland Border, OpenSkies, standards organisations, etc, the response is that it will all work out in the end, but no idea how. The main thing for them is to break all ties with EU. That's what they voted for, that's what they want, and to hell with the consequences or anyone who disagrees.

And yo mamma is fat.....
              No, she's dead. And no, it wasn't a cycling accident.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hordes of piffle deleted
                Oh dear. You twist and turn like a twisty turny thing...................just remember, when you are at the bottom of a hole, stop digging.

HTH BIDI

Cue "You see? My point exactly!!" or some other bland, puerile soundbite, delivered sanctimoniously and with ill-deserved confidence.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

No it's not.

The less intelligent like the use of smilies, - ah AssGuru.
                  twisting words - ah WTFH,
                  providing links to newspapers - not the mark of less intelligent if they are using references to support their arguments.

, and if someone disagrees with them they change the subject - ah WTFH.

No, she's dead. - sorry to hear that.
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    52% of the voters voted for 1000 different variations of 'Brexit', whilst 48% of the voters all voted for the same thing, to stay in the EU.

The majority of the 52% will never be happy as they will not get their version of Brexit. The 48% will never be happy and will blame the 52% for ruining this country.

End result, whatever 'Brexit' is enacted, the majority of the country will not be happy.

Even BoJo, JRM and Davies can't agree on what Brexit should look like. And given Fox and Raab support May's Brexit plan they clearly are also at odds with their Brexit brethren. If the leaders of Brexit cannot agree what 'Brexit' looks like how can/could they ever convince the public? Idiots leading idiots.
                    But what does ‘staying in the EU’ mean?

Because the EU is continually pooling national sovereignty and pushing forward ‘ever closer union’.

Many EU politicians want to see a ‘United States of Europe’. I don’t want any part of that.

My view - is that a vote to remain - is a vote for the USofE.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      My view - is that a vote to remain - is a vote for the USofE.
                      That I have to concur with. And it isn't a good thing, as a 52/48 Remain result would have been hijacked by the EU project as "Even Britain is on board, lets get on with this this", pretty much in the same way a 52/48 Leave result has been hijacked by the no-deal brigade (the very ones who were talking about remaining in the single market before the referendum as part of their Project Lies).

We will lose out by leaving the EU, and it will almost certainly not be a price worth paying to take the ultimate isolationist line. Frictionless Trade is always going to be better than trade with friction. Me being able to freely take up a job in Amsterdam is better than not being able to. Financial institutions being based in the UK, paying UK taxes (stamp duty, corporation tax, employee taxes) is always going to be better than them moving their EU operations out of the UK.

JRM et al are getting free pass to making outrageous claims like this without anything to back it up

and yet anybody who counters it is scaremongering, or it is project fear.

Facts are being denounced as nonsense by anybody who can't be arsed understanding the implications or researching them.

The "I'm not a pilot, it doesn't affect me" or the "This is just a paperwork exercise" attitude to today's news that UK issued EASA pilots licences will no longer be valid once the UK falls out of EASA when it leaves the EU is typical of pretty much everything that is happening.

The "We won, you lost, get over it" attitude of the gammons (Chances are, if you're a leave voter and that isn't your attitude, then you're not a Gammon) is just... just. It's barmy and lacks rationale or reason. The past two years I have seen a side to people that I never thought was there.

I don't know how we box this off. I voted Leave, I don't support the "Hard Brexit" direction, and I don't really support the closer political union the EU is taken but I am pro a lot of the benefits of the EU (including all four freedoms). The baby is being thrown out with the bathwater and most of us will end up a lot worse off for it.
                      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
                      X