• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gammons outraged over last night of the proms betrayal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I suggest the term "gammon face" instead of gammon, to make it clear it isn't a race thing.

This is a more politically correct term.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

When you get your way and we have left the EU, should all music that comes from EU countries be banned to?
      What like Israel and Wagner?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        May I suggest the term "gammon face" instead of gammon, to make it clear it isn't a race thing.

ok lets go with feckwits for remoaners that most definitely is not racist as it doesn't describe skin tone.

Not all remainers are feckwits but all remoaners are!

sorted.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

You cannot take a physical attribute and assume because someone has that physical attribute that they will act in a certain way.

It's called racial stereotyping and it is racist.

Also shall i got to Germany and when they play the german national anthem or other german 'nationalistic' songs I should wave the Union Jack?

Or would seem people see that as inflammatory and maybe doing it just for attention?

And how about if a fully dress up in the other nations colours?

like this?

Comment

Double standards much?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8491656.html

Because the police confronted this guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Double standards much?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8491656.html

Because the police confronted this guy.....
              What double standards?
              The Proms are about music, a lot of the music played at the Proms is not by English composers. Much of it is by Austrian, French, German and Italian composers.
              So, unless your intention is to ban all music written by people from EU countries, then you're going to have to get used to the fact that Bach, Beethoven, Holst, Wagner, Mozart, etc, were not English.

And yes, I'm saying English, not British.
              Jerusalem is a poem/song about England (about wanting England to be like a middle eastern city) . Land of Hope and Glory is a song about England. And the Wail/Express are aimed at grumpy English men whose blood pressure gets raised by anything that paints foreigners in a good light.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                What double standards?
                The Proms are about music, a lot of the music played at the Proms is not by English composers. Much of it is by Austrian, French, German and Italian composers.
                So, unless your intention is to ban all music written by people from EU countries, then you're going to have to get used to the fact that Bach, Beethoven, Holst, Wagner, Mozart, etc, were not English.

And yes, I'm saying English, not British.
                Jerusalem is a poem/song about England (about wanting England to be like a middle eastern city) . Land of Hope and Glory is a song about England. And the Wail/Express are aimed at grumpy English men whose blood pressure gets raised by anything that paints foreigners in a good light.
                In what way do think Blake meant this?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  In what way do think Blake meant this?
                  His words, not mine:

"Till we have built Jerusalem
                  In England's green and pleasant land"
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    His words, not mine:

"Till we have built Jerusalem
                    In England's green and pleasant land"
                    Jerusalem being what is regarded as the birthplace/home of Christianity?

Given(what is now regarded as) the myth that Jesus once walked on English soil?

Recognising allegory isn't your strongest attribute, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Recognising allegory isn't your strongest attribute, is it?
                      Forgive him. He is just a simple organism that turns Lattes into urine.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X