• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Penny dropping for Dales farmers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Exports to EU subject to border inspection and tariffs of up to 50%
    - CAP payments to cease, only guaranteed by govt to end of current parliament
    - farmers will be competing for future govt subsidies alongside the NHS, education, defence

(Remove all subsidies and they will be competing against EU farmers still receiving CAP...)

And the final straw:
    “We were told that other EU countries would fall over themselves to do trade deals with us and it would all be so easy”.

Sorry, you were lied to.

Even if there is a deal it won't help them, the UK definitely won't be part of the CAP. Most countries around the world have huge barriers to agricultural products. I would suggest converting their farms into theme parks.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

And in other news, thickos face the consequences of their actions. WGAS?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

And in other news, we are a nation of 65 million that is unable to be self-sufficient in terms of food supply (allegedly). Here's a radical idea. How about not bothering to export their Lamb and simply selling them locally? No need to worry about tariffs or expensive shipping costs either. Simples.
        Same goes for any and all other food produce they might care to grow or breed.

Typical negative Bremoaner nonsense. We Brexiteers see opportunity, you lot just see problems that can't be tackled.

Good job we are doing the leading and you are doing the following eh?

Now back under your comfort blankets the lot of you.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Now that did make me spit out my coffee.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

And in other news, we are a nation of 65 million that is unable to be self-sufficient in terms of food supply (allegedly). Here's a radical idea. How about not bothering to export their Lamb and simply selling them locally? No need to worry about tariffs or expensive shipping costs either. Simples.

Typical negative Bremoaner nonsense. We Brexiteers see opportunity, you lot just see problems that can't be tackled.

Now back under your comfort blankets the lot of you.

Now there’s a solution, I wonder why the sheep farmers were unable to come up with that while a bed sitter down South with no experience of farming apart from the odd shag of a woolyback can figure it out.

Unable to be self-sufficient? Not true in the context of sheep farming, the U.K. produces enough to be self sufficient. However, the cuts preferred by the British public tend to be high end while the rest goes overseas to generate proportionally more income than it would if sold here.

Sure, they could try to sell the full carcass here, but most would go to waste instead of generating an income.

Brexiters. Simple solutions by simple people.

(By the way, the issues are being raised by the Brexit-voting farmers, not remainers, so it’s “typical negative Brexiter nonsense” to be more accurate)
            Last edited by meridian; 19 September 2018, 08:40.

Comment

The sad thing is I know you really are thick as mince and this isn't a joke.
              I can just picture you gurning and drooling as you type your simplistic crap.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Relax emo-dales. The UK kebab shops will need all the sheep it can get for their 'lamb' kebabs. See what demand is likely from next year and get growing it now.

Besides, the farmers can maybe grow more food crops instead of just a few animals. There are more solar panels in farmers fields than crops where I am. Too rich getting paid to leave fields unproductive by way of EU handouts (the single farm payment).

Self-sustainability is possible just not necessarily at the cheap current price, but that's the price to pay to move away from globalisation so the local population get paid more to afford the basics of housing, food, lease car, iPhone, Sky sub, orange tanning products, beard oil, weekly new tattoo, ...
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Relax emo-dales. The UK kebab shops will need all the sheep it can get for their 'lamb' kebabs. See what demand is likely from next year and get growing it now.

Besides, the farmers can maybe grow more food crops instead of just a few animals. There are more solar panels in farmers fields than crops where I am. Too rich getting paid to leave fields unproductive by way of EU handouts (the single farm payment).

Self-sustainability is possible just not necessarily at the cheap current price, but that's the price to pay to move away from globalisation so the local population get paid more to afford the basics of housing, food, lease car, iPhone, Sky sub, orange tanning products, beard oil, weekly new tattoo, ...
                  Are we not sending all the owners back to 'their own country' as part of the process and replacing them all with hog roast shops and pulled pork palaces ?
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

“F*ck farmers”.

Comment

Working...
                    X