• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Without any sense of irony

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Someone doing his job (although walking away isn't selling newspapers), hence why your example and question were incredibly stupid, and not an apt analogy.

HTH
    I’m not the one who said he was with “other rioters” or that he was “walking away” and therefore possibly deserved it, am I?

You haven’t clearly stated without adding in “IF”, or other excuses, that you 100% condemn his killing by the police.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I’m not the one who said he was with “other rioters” or that he was “walking away” and therefore possibly deserved it, am I?

You haven’t clearly stated without adding in “IF”, or other excuses, that you 100% condemn his killing by the police.
      The IF scenario wasn't related to Tomlinson, you muppet of colossal proportions. It was a question, directed to you - care to answer it?

"IF however, in a darkened London street, with your face covered and in the presence of other rioters during a riot, then you could well expect some reasonable force to be applied to yourself, to ensure no breach of the peace, and for you to disperse from the area - or do you disagree with that? "

To answer your question (again), of course he didn't deserve that, as I told you originally, when I let you know your question was thoroughly stupid.

HTH BIDI
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        The IF scenario wasn't related to Tomlinson, you muppet of colossal proportions. It was a question, directed to you - care to answer it?

"IF however, in a darkened London street, with your face covered and in the presence of other rioters during a riot, then you could well expect some reasonable force to be applied to yourself, to ensure no breach of the peace, and for you to disperse from the area - or do you disagree with that? "

To answer your question (again), of course he didn't deserve that, as I told you originally, when I let you know your question was thoroughly stupid.

HTH BIDI
        If he was a rioter and he was attacking innocent people, property or the police, then he would deserve to be caught. I do not have a problem with that.

I have a problem with people who say "he was with other rioters" implying he was a rioter, or that because he was trying to get away from being involved in a riot, he somehow deserved it.

IF however, in a darkened London street, with your face covered and in the presence of other rioters during a riot, then you could well expect some reasonable force to be applied to yourself, to ensure no breach of the peace, and for you to disperse from the area - or do you disagree with that?

If you had just replied with "Of course not", then my follow-up question would not have happened, but no, you decided to add in one of your comments that is written poorly grammatically, so that you can weasel your way out when someone challenges you - do you agree?

Here's a picture taken in a darkened London street of Ian Tomlinson with his face covered in the presence of other rioters:
        [img][/img]

The person behind him with his face covered is not actually another rioter, but Simon Harwood.

Here's some video:
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          If he was a rioter and he was attacking innocent people, property or the police, then he would deserve to be caught. I do not have a problem with that.

I have a problem with people who say "he was with other rioters" implying he was a rioter, or that because he was trying to get away from being involved in a riot, he somehow deserved it.

[/COLOR]
          If you had just replied with "Of course not", then my follow-up question would not have happened, but no, you decided to add in one of your comments that is written poorly grammatically, so that you can weasel your way out when someone challenges you - do you agree?

Here's a picture taken in a darkened London street of Ian Tomlinson with his face covered in the presence of other rioters:
          [img][/img]

The person behind him with his face covered is not actually another rioter, but Simon Harwood.

Here's some video:
          No I do not agree.
          (Incidentally, I did reply 'of course not', then gave a scenario where the silent majority might back some police violence)

Given, that the Tomlinson incident happened in the day, and my 'IF scenario' was on 'a darkened London street' - why would you think I'm trying to refer to Tomlinson in my scenario? Is your comprehension that bad, or are you just that desperate to clutch to straws??

Seriously, have a reread of the thread without your bias against me - it's your misunderstanding, not me trying to misrepresent Tomlinson
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
          X