• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK nationals would suffer under skills-based immigration, EU tells Javid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You should have worked harder at school, done one or two hard subjects.
    You might have been a contender then.
    Unlike you, I studied quantitative disciplines at proper universities

Which is why you aren't a "contender" and you say things like "contender".

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Unlike you, I studied quantitative disciplines at proper universities

Which is why you aren't a "contender" and you say things like "contender".

You're not in the same league as me academically I'm afraid. And certainly not financially.

HTH, BIDI, TSLITH.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        You are a sick man...
        1914: How
        The plan relied on fast movement and good timing. Swift mobilization and Germany’s efficient railways would get troops to the front quickly.

Of seven German armies on the Western Front at the start of the war, five were committed to the move through Belgium. To ensure the surrender of the Belgians, they had to destroy a series of concrete fortifications surrounding major cities. Most important were those around Liège.

On August 3, 1914, a 30,000-strong German detachment under General Otto von Emmerich crossed the border and headed straight for Liège. They attacked under cover of darkness, trying to break through the ring of forts, but were repulsed. When they reached the city a few days later, the forts still held out.

The Germans brought up heavy artillery, including their Big Bertha supergun and heavy Skoda howitzers borrowed from their Austro-Hungarian allies. They pounded the forts into submission.

The Belgians, led by King Albert, withdrew to the defenses around Antwerp, where they hoped to hold on. In the face of the massed German armies and their superguns, it was a futile hope.

1914: Outcome
        By the end of August, most of Belgium had been conquered. Antwerp held out until October before surrendering.
        3 months in all............just saying!

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        You are are also ignorant of history.

1940: How
        On May 10, 1940, the Germans began their attack.

Again, they started by tackling the fortresses defending Belgian cities. A crack team of glider-borne paratroopers landed on the roof of the Eben Emael fortress. Within an hour, they had destroyed the guns of the imposing emplacement. The fortress’s garrison then surrendered to a much smaller German force.

It and other airborne operations paved the way for an advance by four army corps and one armored corps. While bombing struck terror into the population, they swept forward. The Belgian line collapsed on May 11, and German troops swept around Liège.

Meanwhile, the main attack came further south. German armored columns raced through the Ardennes forest, crossing Luxembourg and southern Belgium. The Allies had considered the area impassable to an army. They were proven badly wrong. German forces emerged from the forest to attack the weakest part of the Allied lines.

1940: Outcome
        The result was far more decisive than in WWI.

By May 19, the British were preparing for a retreat. On the 25th, they ordered their troops to withdraw to Dunkirk for evacuation.

Without British assistance, Belgium could not stand. Its army broke on the 27th. On May 28, only 18 days after the invasion began, King Leopold surrendered unconditionally to the Germans.
        Fook me..............they got even worse!! If only they had an EU Army back then...........

Now why not stick to commenting upon things you have a grasp about? Like horses....or potatoes.....or Leprachauns......or Poteen?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You're not in the same league as me academically
          Very few are......unless they have been formally categorized as "special needs".

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Very few are......unless they have been formally categorized as "special needs".

HTH

Well you're slightly better off than JB I suppose.
            He's slightly intelligent and relatively poor. Recipe for unhappiness.
            You're stupid and poor. Happy as a dog wallowing in shit probably.

Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

You're not in the same league as me academically I'm afraid. And certainly not financially.

HTH, BIDI, TSLITH.
              It isn't entirely your fault.

Mothercare sells dribble bibs.

HTH, BIDI, AYAATAM.

Comment

Working...
              X