• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SEGA bye bye UK, Hello Bulgaria.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Why would Sega leave?

Oh yeah right because they can pay people in Bulgaria fookin peanuts.

Excellent - the future of the EU looks rosey then.
    They will pay lots of money by Bulgarian standarts - essentially their workers will live like Kings

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      They will pay lots of money by Bulgarian standarts - essentially their workers will live like Kings

HTH
      Probably true but lots of fook all is still pretty much fook all in the european markets.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTH
        Assumptions made by AtW in the statement above;

Bulgaria will continue to remain in the EU,
        Bulgaria will not be severely punished by the EU via Article 5,
        Bulgarian wages will be stagnant,
        Bulgarian standard of living will remain stagnant and/or decrease,
        SEGA will continue to pay wages commensurate to living like a king in Bulgaria,
        SEGA will continue to find skilled staff required in Bulgaria and/or the EU,
        SEGA will continue to use the EU as a headquarters/main hub,
        The EU pass zero directives, that make the EU unattractive to SEGA,
        The EU pass zero directives, that mean SEGA have to reduce wages/benefits,

I'm sure there's more too, but ya know - crystal balling and all that eh?
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          OMG, that's like shocking, in 2 years 50 people might leave the UK, oh no!
          That's the spirit, don't give a tulip for those that will lose their jobs because of Brexit. Not your problem is it?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            You think his post suggested he has anger?

He's laughing at you, for wetting the bed, again.

HTH BIDI
            And we're laughing at you for your cretinous posts

HTH

Comment

I will be in Bulgaria soon installing a large system in a financial institution which could have been in the UK but won't. Bulgaria is booming at the moment regarding IT...Once finished there, then it's off to Paris for something similar, Brexit is bringing benefits...for some of us
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I will be in Bulgaria soon installing a large system in a financial institution which could have been in the UK but won't. Bulgaria is booming at the moment regarding IT...Once finished there, then it's off to Paris for something similar, Brexit is bringing benefits...for some of us
                I've done a few contracts for an Icelandic company with a base in Sofia. Worked closely with the Bulgarian IT guys and they are good. Very well educated with up to date skills. Very hardworking. Some of the best guys and gals I've had the pleasure of working with, matched only by the Icelandics! And they all speak perfect English.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Probably true but lots of fook all is still pretty much fook all in the european markets.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Anything to do with the fact that they have relatively cheap labour? (I don't mean you of course, I'm sure you are worth your daily rate and expenses).
                    There has to be an end to EU expansion into cheap labour markets, because they are running out of cheap labour markets. What's their Plan B?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Anything to do with the fact that they have relatively cheap labour? (I don't mean you of course, I'm sure you are worth your daily rate and expenses).
                      There has to be an end to EU expansion into cheap labour markets, because they are running out of cheap labour markets. What's their Plan B?
                      As I say, Bulgarians have great IT skills, are very well educated and have perfect English. I PM'd a datawarehouse and global BI solution; I had 2 developers in the UK, the rest were in Bulgaria and Iceland. They delivered everything to quality and time. Have worked on similar projects since and I can't say the UK based techies were as good. Saying that though, the Brits are better than the Aussies !

Comment

Working...
                      X