• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breixteers, how is this increasing opportunity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Just like any civil servant is appointed in the UK so are civil servants appointed in the EU. Why do you have a problem with that?
    I don't, I was merely pointing out that the statement "all EU officials are elected" isn't correct. Those that are also MEPs (such as Barnier) are elected to parliament, but not all EU officials are MEPs.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      But surely you know that the UK taxpayers/government pay a fortune for the unelected monarchy and the head of the monarchy has control over our government, our laws etc.
      Sure they might be a massive benefit to the country, but that’s irrelevant, the UK gives these unelected people our money.
      Yes I am aware there is a cost to the Monarchy....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        But surely you know that the UK taxpayers/government pay a fortune for the unelected monarchy and the head of the monarchy has control over our government, our laws etc.
        Sure they might be a massive benefit to the country, but that’s irrelevant, the UK gives these unelected people our money.
        She's not even allowed to vote, so she has less control than you or I. She gives Royal Assent to Acts of Parliament, but convention dictates she has to do so, and would even have to sign an Act to abolish the monarchy (and here's one Komrade Korbyn prepared earlier...)
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
        X